Kelly Rowland is a true inspiration for all women. The singer, songwriter, and author has spoken out about overcoming insecurities and wanting to be a role model for girls who look up to her. If we didn't love Kelly already, the fact that she's so open about her flaws makes us love her even more.
At a New York City signing for her new book, Whoa, Baby!: A Guide for New Moms Who Feel Overwhelmed and Freaked Out, the 36-year-old rocked a cropped hairdo with sexy bedhead waves.
Beachy waves is a simple hairstyle that might intimidate those with straighter, finer locks, but it's actually super easy to achieve. Yahoo Beauty tapped Stunning Braids author and hairstylist Monaè Everett to show us how to get Kelly's tousled 'do in this edition of Copy That.
1. Prep hair with a shine spray similar to Aphogee Spritz and Shine Styling Spray.
2. Spray on Oribe Super Fine Hairspray throughout hair to smooth and minimize frizz.
3. Use a rat-tail comb to work products through hair.
4. Using a 1-inch curling iron, separate and curl hair in small sections, leaving the ends out to create a loose wave. Clamp the sections of hair for about 5 seconds.
5. Rotate barrel in opposite directions to achieve a beach wave effect. Curling hair vertically (from root to end) also helps to blend hair extensions for a more natural finish.
6. Straighten bangs with a flat iron, curling ends inward.
7. Spray hairspray to set curls.
8. Tousle curls with fingers to loosen.
9. Spray Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish under waves to boost volume and give hair a messy texture.
Read more from Yahoo Style & Beauty:
- Rihanna’s Cool Teal Eyes Are the Hottest Summer Makeup You’ll Want to Copy
- Rose Byrne’s Messy High Ponytail Is the Perfect Summer Hairstyle
- Learn the Trick to Selena Gomez’s Shimmery Peach Eyes