The 29-year-old gave the uptown outfit a decidedly edgy twist at a screening of “Seberg” in Los Angeles yesterday, Dec. 10.
More from Footwear News
- Why France Is on Strike and What It Means for Retail
- Kaia Gerber, Bowtie Pumps, Birdcage Bags and Plenty of Branding at Chanel Metiers d'Art
- Kristen Stewart Changes out of Stilettos and Into Sneakers on the Red Carpet at 'Charlie's Angels' London Premiere
Stewart’s spring ’20 set consisted of a silver-embroidered jacket and pleated, high-waisted skirt, worn over opaque black tights. While a high-necked blouse might be the traditional counterpart for the fussy set, the “Charlie’s Angels” star went shirtless underneath, layering on a heavily embellished necklace.
Stewart has been known to wear unexpected shoes on the red carpet, like Nike Cortez sneakers or Thom Browne brogues, but yesterday’s pair was more classic. The actress sported pointed-toe black pumps with a quilted upper and a strap at the ankle.
The A-lister’s beauty look — smoky eye makeup and a mussed pixie cut — added an additional punky element to the feminine ensemble.
Although Stewart isn’t always clad in Chanel, she often wears looks from the French house. She was appointed Chanel beauty ambassador in 2016 and continues to work with the label, starring in ad campaigns and appearing at the brand’s runway shows.
“Seberg” is out in select U.S. theaters on Dec. 13. Stewart stars as the titular character, French actress Jean Seberg, who became an FBI target due to her support for civil rights activism and her relationship with Black Panther member Hakim Jamal (played by Anthony Mackie).
Kristen Stewart Makes a Pantsuit & Power Pumps Surprisingly Edgy on ‘GMA’
Kristen Stewart Wears Soaring Stilettos & a Recycled-Crystal Minidress at ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Premiere
Kristen Stewart Goes for Black-Tie Look With Shiny Louboutin Lace-Ups on Mill Valley Red Carpet
Best of Footwear News
- Britney Spears' '90s and Early '00s Street Style Will Have You Feeling Nostalgic
- Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid + More Stars Who Love Amina Muaddi's Heels
- '90s Style Is Making a Comeback — and So Are These '90s Icons