Katie Holmes is getting prepped for the holidays.
The 40-year-old actress attended a present-wrapping happy hour — “Wrappy Hour” — hosted by Frederick Wildman Wines in New York yesterday, Dec. 14.
More from Footwear News
- Katie Holmes Pulls Off the Big Boot Trend at the Z100 Jingle Ball + Other Stars on the Red Carpet
- Katie Holmes Suits Up in Slit-Front Pants + Stuart Weitzman Power Pumps
- Katie Holmes Bundles Up in a Fuzzy Coat and All-White Common Projects Sneakers
Holmes chose a simple yet stylish ensemble for the occasion. She wore a semisheer white blouse tucked into high-waisted mom jeans.
For shoes, the “Dawson’s Creek” alum selected black boots that appeared to be fabricated from leather. The classic boots boasted a block heel and an almond toe.
Holmes completed her outfit with a necessary layer for chilly New York winters: a wool coat. She chose a gray, ankle-length Kassl Editions style with white piping and slouchy pockets. The coat is in stock at Selfridges.com for $1,330.
On Friday, Dec. 13, the “Logan Lucky” star hit the red carpet at the Z100 Jingle Ball in New York’s Madison Square Garden. While yesterday’s boots were understated, Friday’s pair was trend-forward — a zebra-print, square-toe Khaite style (available from Farfetch.com for $1,800). Holmes teamed the trendy shoes with leather culottes and a sweater.
Holmes’ two latest shoe looks in some ways are indicative of her overall footwear fashion: The A-lister often returns to classics — like Alexander McQueen oversize sole trainers or all-white Common Projects sneakers. However, she’s also willing to try more controversial footwear, such as Christian Louboutin’s big-toe mules and Gianvito Rossi’s high-heeled flip-flops.
Flip through the gallery to see Katie Holmes’ street style over the years.
Katie Holmes Suits Up in Slit-Front Pants + Stuart Weitzman Power Pumps
Katie Holmes Goes Shopping in Her Favorite Mom Jeans and Glittering Brogues in NYC
Katie Holmes Bundles Up in a Fuzzy Coat and All-White Common Projects Sneakers
Best of Footwear News
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner
- Britney Spears' '90s and Early '00s Street Style Will Have You Feeling Nostalgic
- Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid + More Stars Who Love Amina Muaddi's Heels