- Kate Middleton had a royal engagement at the Foundling Museum in London yesterday.
- Royal watchers noticed she turned and waved at the top of the steps as she walked into the museum, which was reminiscent of her daughter Princess Charlotte's royal wave.
- The three-year-old flaunted the gesture several times last year, including the birth of her younger brother Prince Louis, Prince Harry's royal wedding, and Princess Eugenie's royal wedding.
While visiting the Foundling Museum in London yesterday, Kate Middleton snuck in a callout to her three-year-old daughter's royal mannerisms: the "turn and wave." (A royal "look back at it," if you will.) The mini tribute was most likely accidental, but it was nonetheless a cute callback to some of Princess Charlotte's adorable moments.
As the Duchess of Cambridge entered the museum, she stopped at the top of the stairs, turned around, and waved to the crowd before walking out of sight, according to a video posted by Danielle Stacey, a royal correspondent for Yahoo U.K. (Those gathered let out an collective, "Aww.")
Kate turned and waved to the crowd before walking in. pic.twitter.com/JVHwrCNenJ- Danielle Stacey (@daniellestacey1) March 19, 2019
People and royal fan account @teacambridges pointed out that Kate's brief move was reminiscent of Princess Charlotte's little royal greeting. She made a similar move last April when she and five-year-old brother Prince George arrived to the hospital to meet their newborn sibling, Prince Louis.
Everyone going “aww” when she turns me around reminds me of when Charlotte did the same last April 😂♥️ https://t.co/KTtKaSD2zH- Tea Time With The Cambridges (@TeaCambridges) March 19, 2019
While clutching her father Prince William's hand, Charlotte turned and acknowledged the crowd on her way into the hospital. She's a natural at royal etiquette.
The three-year-old also flaunted her royal wave during Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding last spring, while climbing the steps to St. George's Chapel with other members of the bridal party (and their moms).
She resumed her performance yet again at Princess Eugenie's wedding months later.
Apparently Charlotte's 10-month-old brother is following in her footsteps, as Duchess Kate revealed in December that her youngest is starting to wave. We can't wait for him to show off his skills at his next public appearance.
('You Might Also Like',)
- The Essential British Packing List
- 30 Facial Moisturizers for Every Budget
- We Cut Bangs on 16 Different Women With The Help of Celebrity Stylist Justine Marjan