While some American retailers were skipping town amid the coronavirus scare in France came word on Saturday that Kanye West was parachuting in with a double-hitter.
A happy few were invited to Sunday Service — where West gathers a choir to sing gospel versions of his songs — slated for a 9 a.m. start. Shortly after, invitations dropped for a Yeezy Season 8 show on Monday night.
More from WWD
- Andreas Aresti Debuts New Brand Lourdes in Paris
- Jerome LaMaar Talks Beyoncé, Alife New York, Theater Projects and 'Challenging People to Stay Optimistic'
- Stefano Rosso to Open D-Cave Fashion and Gaming Lifestyle Pop-up
West has experimented with a variety of formats to unveil his Yeezy collections, from stadium-sized fashion performances to Instagram-driven campaigns.
He will cap off a day with a full slate of shows from the likes of Stella McCartney, Giambattista Valli, Y/Project and Alexander McQueen.
More from WWD.com:
Best of WWD
- The Eight Must-See Moments From the 2020 Grammy Awards
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways