As someone who has never been much of a Valentine’s Day person (read: I haven’t had a serious boyfriend for four years, OKAY?!), the only interest I’ve had in the fake holiday is buying all the discounted Reese’s Hearts the next day. Those peanut butter things don’t talk, cause drama, or Like my best friend’s pictures on IG.
But if you are one of the 51 percent of people who celebrated Valentine’s Day last year, there’s a v good chance your 2020 is about to blow last year’s holiday out of the water. According to FitSmallBusiness.com, the average person dropped a cool $144 on gifts last holiday, and, yup, it’s projected to reach even higher numbers this year.
Now, like I said, I don’t know what it’s like to have an S.O. during Valentine’s Day, but I’m assuming that the typical chocolate box is not what’s leaving people with $150 holes in their pockets.
Lucky for you, we had some hotel managers and concierges dish on all the funny, weird, cute, and really effing strange requests they’ve received from guests in preparation for Valentine’s Day. FWIW, a bed filled with a plethora of My Little Ponies is totally not-not-not weird.
1. “From oysters to asparagus, we’ve received an influx of weird and wonderful foods requested for couple’s rooms around Valentine’s Day to get themselves in the mood,” says a representative at Spa Seekers. “Room-service requests peak during this time.” Here’s what else the website has received:
2. “We recently had one guest inquire online regarding room service delivered by Butlers in the Buff.” Butlers in the Buff = shirtless party men in bow ties.
3. “One of the most common requests we receive is a soundproof room.” This seems v considerate and practical.
4. “We’ve had high volumes of requests for adult entertainment in spa hotel rooms.” And by “adult entertainment,” they mean porn…and some Netflix too.
5. “Clientele have asked us for their sexy playlists to be played while they’re getting massages and in their rooms.” Perfect time to plug our O-mazing masturbation playlist right this way….
6. “We’ve been asked to leave some weird and wonderful things in spa-goers’ bedrooms… buckets of ice, whipped cream, melted chocolate, and even hot wax.” Have zero idea what they could all be used for.
7. “We’ve had requests from couples for filling the room with My Little Ponies, body painting, and more,” says W New York Times Square’s concierge. Here’s what else has been requested there:
8. “We had a request to organize a psychic to see if the couple would be together forever.” IMHO, I feel like this should happen on any other day than Valentine’s Day.
9. “We’ve also been asked about violinists, rose petals, and full-on animal-costume rentals.” Full. On. Animal. Costume. Rentals.
You Might Also Like