“Joker,” which was up for four awards, was the most talked about film out of the nominees during the awards show and has been a trending hashtag on the social media platform since its release in October. In conjunction, actor Joaquin Phoenix was also trending on Instagram, boosted by his win for best actor in a drama.
More from WWD
- Where the Stars Partied This Weekend at the 2020 Golden Globes
- Beyoncé Wears Custom Schiaparelli at 2020 Golden Globes
- Australian Fashion Industry, Stars Rally Behind Bushfire Relief Efforts
His trending status can also be credited to his sister, Rain Phoenix, who posted a photo of her brother with his fiancée Rooney Mara a few days prior to the awards show. The photo was captioned with a quote from the actor himself where he applauds the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for serving a plant-based dinner at the awards show.
Actor Brad Pitt, who won his second Golden Globe for his role in “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” also had one of the most viral moments of the night when he gave a shout out to costar Leonardo DiCaprio during his acceptance speech, stating he would’ve “shared the raft” with him, referencing DiCaprio’s famous role in “Titanic.”
Nominated actress Joey King had one of most top liked posts of the night, a photo of herself in an Iris van Herpen fall 2019 couture dress on the red carpet.
Ashley Benson also had a top liked post of the night showing off her red smokey eye look ahead of the night’s after parties.
Read more on the 2020 Golden Globes here:
WATCH: Dylan and Paris Brosnan Get Ready for the Golden Globes
Best of WWD
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways
- Celebrities at New York Fashion Week Spring 2020