Photo: Thug Kitchen
The book’s irreverent tone has clearly struck a chord with readers, who also made it the second-most popular cookbook of 2014. It likely doesn’t hurt, too, that its recipes tend toward the healthy side, explains Amazon books editor Seira Wilson.
"After the (over)indulgences of December, January is typically a time to turn over a new leaf and vow to eat healthy,” she told us in an email. “So it comes as no great surprise that January’s top three cookbooks in print”—which also include The Skinnytaste Cookbook and 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse—”are vegan, low-calorie, and a cleanse.”
In fact, a whopping eight out of 10 of the below titles are health-related, which speaks volumes about consumers’ mental space. Guess the beer-glazed maple bacon will have to wait until next month, huh?
Check out the rest of January’s best-selling cookbooks on Amazon below:
1. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck, by Thug Kitchen
2. The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor, by Gina Homolka
3. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!, by JJ Smith
4. The Everyday DASH Diet Cookbook: Over 150 Fresh and Delicious Recipes to Speed Weight Loss, Lower Blood Pressure, and Prevent Diabetes, by Marla Heller
5. Trim Healthy Mama, by Pearl P. Barrett and Serene C. Allison
6. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, by Ina Garten
7. Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime, by Danielle Walker
8. Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes, by Julie Morris
9. Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide: Reset Your Health, Detox Your Body, and Feel Your Best, by the editors of Martha Stewart Living
10. Great Food Fast (Best of the Best Presents) Bob Warden’s Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes, by Bob Warden
Click here for Amazon’s hour-by-hour best seller list.