Spooky season is almost upon us, guys and ghouls! IHOP is celebrating Halloween (and MGM’S new animated The Addams Family movie) with a brand new menu.
The limited-time offers include:
- Morticia’s Haunted Hot Chocolate: Toasted marshmallow hot chocolate topped with violet whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
- Uncle Fester’s Chocolate Ice Scream Shake: Hershey’s chocolate ice cream shake with violet whipped topping.
- Gomez’ Green Chili Omelette: Marinated pulled pork, Jack & cheddar cheeses, peppers and onions, green chile verde sauce, and sour cream.
- Wednesday’s Web-Cakes: Buttermilk pancakes topped with cupcake icing, webbed with chocolate syrup, and topped with violet whipped topping.
- Kooky Kids Combo: A Wednesday’s Web-Cakes served with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip, and one pork sausage link.
“To celebrate the Halloween season, we welcome The Addams Family into our house,” said Alisa Gmelich, Vice President, Marketing at IHOP. “The quirkiness of The Addams Family matches our own playfulness as a brand, so a partnership with MGM’s Addams Family movie felt like a great fit. Now, guests can pair an afternoon at the movies with our Addams Family-inspired menu—and a great Kids Eat Free offer—that is as kooky as it is delicious.”
The menu debuted last week and Twitter has been, well, divided.
In case you were wondering how things were going at IHOP pic.twitter.com/pVY43ymcd9— Weenie (@SuperWeenieHtJr) September 21, 2019
“In case you were wondering how things were going at IHOP,” a @Foodsided contributor tweeted September 20, alongside some less-than-delicious looking photos.
The photos, which quickly went viral, prompted others to share their altogether ooky Addams Family IHOP experiences:
I love themed/seasonal items so I was so excited to see The Addams Family menu items ar @IHOP today. I ordered the Wednesday’s Web-Cakes. Here’s the menu picture and what I got. Super disappointed. pic.twitter.com/0SNLvKBl0c— LaNeshe (@Nesheaholic) September 21, 2019
you vs the girl he tells you not to worry about...— ✩ 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓹𝓱 ✩ (@sorellana_) September 22, 2019
iHop really popped off on my Addams Family pancake... 💀💀 pic.twitter.com/DhYrgpE9KY
Thankfully, other customers had better experiences.
Mine were good pic.twitter.com/zobbCOja4B— Losh TV: Marathon of Mayhem (@KingLosh) September 21, 2019
Went with my lil brother and my mom to IHOP to have the addams family themed breakfast, so sweet 💕 pic.twitter.com/NXgql3aY0G— mica (•̀⌄•́) (@luviededbunny) September 21, 2019
You can try the spooky menu at IHOP now until November 3 … if you dare.