How Rob Pattinson Took Girlfriend FKA Twigs to the Top
The performer FKA twigs has been continuously photographed with her beau Robert Pattinson ever since their relationship commenced in September. Before that, the singer was only known as a back up dancer in various music videos. Though, by the time fashion week rolled around, she became a commodity amongst designers and style gurus alike. Since then, the couple has been seen lip-locked, hand-held, and most recently ass-cupped. And as a consequence, she has gone from 0 to 60 in style and fame. The star has recently appeared on the cover of magazines like Dazed and Confused and this week's Guardian, in sold-out performances, and has now become paparazzi’s most wanted woman.
Here are 10 facts you may not know about the newly acclaimed it-girl.
1. Born in Gloucestershire, England, she was the only mixed-race girl in her Catholic school.
2. She is 1/2 Jamaican, 1/2 Spanish, born by name Tahliah Debrett Barnett.
3. She worked as a backup dancer for Kylie Minogue and Jessie J.
4. She doesn’t know any Beatles songs because she was raised listening to jazz and Afro-fusion.
5. Despite twigs’ genre, she originally wanted to be a punk singer.
6. She became known as ‘twigs’ because her bones and joints would crack when dancing. The FKA stands for, “Formally Known As.”
7. The ‘t’ is lower-case.
8.Her music and videos draw inspiration from Josephine Baker, the African American singer/dancer, who danced nude in Paris during the 1920s.
9. twigs self-produces the majority of her tracks, including beats and scores, which she creates on Ableton.
10. She has tinnitus, meaning that she never hears silence.