After years of tension and barely seeing each other due to Prince William and Prince Harry's "royal rift," the brothers have been spending time together following the passing of their grandmother the Queen. And after a bit of a tense start, it sounds like everyone just had a family dinner together.
The Sun reports that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle joined Prince William, Kate Middleton, and the rest of the royals for a family dinner at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday, after they received the Queen's coffin.
According to The Sun, the "intimate dinner" was "a small and private gathering with no pictures released." And tbh this dinner couldn't sound more different to Harry's experience at Balmoral last week, when he ate separately from his brother and King Charles. A source told Daily Mail at the time that “Two dinners were being hosted on the royal estate that night and there was a clear divide: one was for the new king and his heir, the other was for the rest of the family.”
Harry and Meghan previously joined Prince William and Kate Middleton to look at floral displays left by well-wishers following the Queen's death. The walk was a last minute invite from William to Harry, after Wills was “dismayed" by how much coverage was focusing on royal drama instead of the the "magnitude" of the Queen's passing.
“Both he and the Princess of Wales felt that the focus should solely be on this period of deep mourning and nothing else,” a source told The Telegraph. “That the focus should only be on his late grandmother.”
The brothers came together again yesterday to walk behind the Queen's coffin as it traveled to Westminster Hall, and will likely spend more time together leading up to their grandmother's funeral on Monday.
You Might Also Like