In anticipation of this year’s 77th annual Golden Globe Awards (airing on January 5, 2020), we’re taking a look back at last year’s most memorable moments.
From Sandra Oh trolling Lady Gaga to Elisabeth Moss fangirling over Taylor Swift, there were plenty of laughs. But jokes aside, there were also several times during the show that we were left just a little verklempt. Here, five of the most memorable moments from the 2019 award ceremony.
1. When Sandra Oh Celebrated the Diversity in the Room
“I see you, all these faces of change, and now everyone else will,” she said in the show’s opening. Hell yeah, Sandra.
2. And Carol Burnett Was ‘Gobsmacked’
When receiving an award named after you, that seems like the proper reaction.
3. When Lady Gaga Cried 100 Tears When ‘Shallow’ from ‘A Star Is Born' Won Best Song
And one of them was for Bradley Cooper.
4. And Regina King Vowed to Champion Women in Film & TV
While accepting her award for If Beale Street Could Talk, the 47-year-old star promised to employ 50 percent women cast and crews on TV and film projects she will produce in the next two years. Bravo!
5. When Sandra Oh Won Best Actress for ‘Killing Eve’ & Her Parents Couldn’t Have Been Prouder
Her mom even did a little beauty queen wave when Oh gave her a shout out after her historic win. We can’t.