More from Footwear News
- 'Desert Sage' Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Is Rumored to Release in Early 2020
- This New Pokémon x Adidas Advantage Collab Features Pixelated Pikachu Graphics
- An Updated Version of Donovan Mitchell's Signature Sneaker Could Be Releasing in 2020
The German sportswear brand and video game player announced their partnership in August, and the new sneaker is the first collaboration between them.
“I’m beyond thrilled and humbled to finally show the world what I’ve been working on with Adidas. The ‘Time In’ Nite Jogger represents the culmination of countless hours dedicated to my craft paying off,” Ninja, whose real name is Richard Tyler Blevins, said in a statement.
The collab sees Ninja’s take on the Nite Jogger, a retro silhouette that debuted in 1980. The “Time In” version comes in the YouTuber’s blue and yellow signature colors, with the gamer’s branding featured at the tongue and in the sockliner.
In recognition of the time Ninja personally put into gaming, the shoe features a “20k” on the heel to represent the number of hours he has streamed.
“Time In” isn’t just the title of Ninja’s Nite Jogger colorway; it is also a platform Adidas and Ninja have developed to highlight the many hours creators put in before achieving a payoff.
“If a kid from Chicago who just loves playing video games can collaborate with one of the sporting world’s most iconic brands to launch a shoe together, anything is truly possible. It’s through this philosophy that I hope I can help inspire the next generation of creators to realize their dreams,” Ninja explained.
This New Pokémon x Adidas Advantage Collab Features Pixelated Pikachu Graphics
Beyoncé Teases First Sneaker From Ivy Park Collection With Adidas
Adidas Releases Yeezy 500 High ‘Slate’ Drop Date + Yeezy Slides
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court