Grab your love ferns, people, because a reboot of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is coming. Yes, according to a new article from the Los Angeles Times, Quibi, a streaming company that develops content exclusively for mobile phones, and Paramount TV are developing an adaptation of the classic Kate Hudson rom-com. Here's the official description of the reboot, per an email from Quibi: "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days follows a glib young online columnist and an oversexed advertising executive who both need to prove, once and for all, they’re capable of being monogamous. They soon discover, however, keeping a relationship is harder than Andie Anderson made it look!"
Confusion around the phrase "oversexed advertising executive" aside, I'm deliriously excited about this project. Guy Branum, who worked heavily behind the scenes on The Mindy Project, has been tapped to write, so you know it's in good hands. There's no word yet, though, on whether Hudson or Matthew McConaughey will make appearances. They could be the bosses of said "glib young online columnist" and "oversexed advertising executive." I'm just throwing out ideas!
And I have many, many more. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is, hands down, my favorite romantic comedy of all time. It's a near-perfect movie. Kate Hudson deserved an Oscar nomination for it. So I'm personally quite invested in making sure this reboot is incredible. Here are just a few tips for making sure that happens:
- The spirit of the love fern must be present. Ideally, it's an actual love fern, but I'll accept a love ficus or love Venus flytrap.
- Instead of a Celine Dion show, the "glib young online reporter" should trick the "oversexed advertising executive" into attending a Billie Eilish concert.
- Give Kathryn Hahn a starring role.
- A dog must, must, must pee on a pool table.
- And that dog can only be named Princess Sophia.
Let's just start there, Guy Branum and company. No release date has been announced yet for the How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days reboot, but we'll keep you posted.
Originally Appeared on Glamour