As the coronavirus crisis continues to affect every part of the footwear business, FN is launching a new webinar series called “Leading in a Crisis.” In weekly episodes, leaders will reveal the most effective strategies for dealing with the impact of the pandemic.
The initiative kicks off on April 1 at 11 a.m., when FN Editorial Director Michael Atmore goes one-on-one with Foot Locker president and CEO Dick Johnson to uncover how he is handling a seismic wave of change. The CEO of the athletic powerhouse — who is steering more than 3,000 stores in 27 countries — will talk about how he’s navigating vendor relationships and shifting consumer shopping patterns as more of the business moves online.
More from Footwear News
- How Foot Locker CEO Dick Johnson Is Steering 3,000 Stores in 27 Countries Amid the Coronavirus Crisis
- Puma Retailers Love the Brand's History and Consumer Engagement
- Foot Locker's Projected 2018 Store Closings Are a Non-Issue, Experts Say
Johnson will also discuss the importance of getting messaging right during a time of disruption and how he is managing a diverse employee base. “What CEOs have to do, what leadership teams have to do, is assess the situation and adapt,” Johnson told FN last week. “It is a read-and-react, day-to-day business that we have to be in, even hour to hour.”
As the shoe authority, FN is committed to guiding the industry conversation during a time of great change and challenge.
Tune in on April 1 at 11 a.m. to get an inside look at Johnson’s game plan for Foot Locker. To register, click here.
Next up: On April 8, Dave Powers, president and CEO of Deckers Brands, will join Atmore for a candid conversation.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact advertising director Deborah Baron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of Footwear News
- These Theories About How Black Friday Got Started Will Surprise You
- A Look Back at Iconic Department Stores That Went Out of Business
- 6 Shoe Companies That Have Gone Bankrupt in the Past Year — & How They're Faring Now