Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Who says you can't stick to a ketogenic diet and enjoy a big bowl of comfort food? With this keto-friendly chili recipe, you can have it all!
For the chicken:
- olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
For the chili:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 4.5-ounce can green chilis, diced
- avocado (for garnish)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and season with cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown in color and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same skillet and add the green bell pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté until vegetables are tender or about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and add broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream to the skillet and stir. Add green chilis and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro and serve.
Find more of our favorite keto-friendly eats from Walmart below: