Is there a dad in the music industry who is prouder than DJ Khaled? This is the guy who Snapchatted the birth of his first-born, Asahd, after all. And really there is no better time for a guy to display his paternal pride than when he’s accepting a Grammy Award, as he did last night, announcing his second baby’s name onstage.
DJ Khaled and John Legend accepted the Best Rap/Sung Performance Grammy for “Higher,” which also featured the late Nipsey Hussle.
More from SheKnows
- All the Must-See Family Moments from the 2020 Grammy Awards
- Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton's Grammys Performance Was the Most Romantic Moment of the Night
- 22 of the Best (& Most Unforgettable) Grammy Awards Performances
“First of all, God is the greatest, thank you, God,” Khaled said onstage. “This is for Nipsey Hussle. This is for hip-hop. I want to thank my beautiful queen Nicole. I just had a new baby boy a week ago. His name is Alam. It means ‘the world’ in Arabic.”
Alam is on our own list of Muslim baby names, along with alternate spelling Aalam. DJ Khaled announced his second son’s birth last week with a series of Instagram posts showing himself looking anxious at the hospital, giving a high five to wife Nicole’s doctor and finally showing off two tiny footprints inked on his arm.
“I also want to big up my other son, Asahd,” Khaled added on Sunday night. “I love you so much. Daddy will be home.”
Best of SheKnows
- Classic, All-American Baby Boy Names That Still Have Impact in 2020
- Bye, 'Granny' — Introducing the Non-Boring Grandparent Nicknames You Need
- 5 Really Good Reasons to Practice Toy Minimalism at Your House