Today on Game On, cosplayer Jasmine James aka Cutie Pie Sensei walks us throough her favorite merch and her cosplay swimwear brand, Fira Wear
- Hey, everyone. My name is Steph, and welcome to "In the Know-- Game On." in this episode, we'll be discussing all things collectable. Today I am joined by Jasmine, also known as CutiePieSensei. Jasmine is a cosplayer, artist, and founder of Fira Wear, a sustainable company blending cosplay and swimwear. Is there any item that you've collected that you're super proud of? And where did you find this item?
JASMINE JAMES: I have two, right? So my first one I would say is I have a collection of lightsabers. The second thing is plushies. In fact, I have a couple. I got my Mario Kart items.
- Where would you suggest a gamer look for collectibles?
JASMINE JAMES: Whenever I buy special edition stuff, a lot of times it is at conventions. They will have a limited edition item where it's like, OK, we're only selling it here. Another good place-- this is more so for figures. I follow Good Smile Company because they have their limited edition figurines and stuff too.
- What is your favorite part of being a member of such a passionate community?
JASMINE JAMES: Just making friends and meeting people. There are so many people that I know in the cosplay community that you normally just talk to online. When it comes to con time, it's like, yo, we're going to be there. We're going to pull up. So yeah, just being able to have new friends and hang out in one space.
- Thank you so much for stopping by today.
JASMINE JAMES: Thank you so much.
- I'm Steph, and this is "In the Know-- Game On." And we'll see you guys next time.