Dakota Johnson went all out with pops of color. (Photo: Getty Images)
In a crowd full of a shining celebrities, Dakota Johnson, who is normally seen with much less drastic makeup, turned heads at Monday’s Met Gala with a powerful style. The look, which was created by Pati Dubroff for Laura Mercier, showed off an ’80s-inspired look with a pop of green color and glitter on her eyelids to really stand out in the evening. According to Dubroff, this romantic look is not a very hard one to re-create at home. Here are her exact steps for piecing together Johnson’s lively makeup application:
- After creating a flawless complexion using both foundation and concealer on Dakota, Dubroff lined her upper lash line and lower corner with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony ($25).
- Dubroff then applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Peacock ($29) at the inner rim and slightly over the black liner to give Dakota’s eyes a pop of bold green color.
- To further intensify Dakota’s stunning green look, Dubroff added a touch of MAC Fluidline in Ivy ($17) at the inner rim.
- To make the eyes sparkle, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Petal Pink ($25) on Dakota’s inner corner and lid, adding a dash of green glitter to the lid.
- To finish Dakota’s eyes, Dubroff applied a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies Black False Eyelashes ($5) and a coat of black mascara.
- Finally, Dubroff topped off the look with a “sweet pink lip” that accentuated her pop of green using the Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Petal Pink ($28).
Read This Next: Amber Heard’s Windblown Waves at the 2016 Met Gala