Converse has a brand-new collaboration with streetwear label Ambush that’s set to include two new sneaker styles dropping on Oct. 19.
The project features two of Converse’s most iconic silhouettes: the Converse Chuck 70 and Pro Leather. Ambush founder Yoon Ahn’s latest creation is inspired by the Extreme Cold Weather Boot, which is a rubber military style produced by Converse in the ’50s. The result is two avant-garde silhouettes that are able to handle some of the toughest weather conditions.
More from Footwear News
- Converse Is Taking Your Old Jeans and Turning Them Into New Sneakers
- Paris Fashion Week Is a 'Shoe-In': Here's Everything You Need to Know About the Footwear
- Kristen Stewart Transitions From Two Edgy Outfits to a Glamorous Red Carpet Look
The first pair is a remixed Chuck 70 on a multilayer outsole that features a coconut-colored rubberized upper and matte detailing on the eyelets, a gusseted tongue for stability and insulation that’s capped off with coordinating laces for a monochromatic look. Rounding off the collection is a unique Pro Leather that was originally designed for basketball. The latest style employs a black rubberized material with a tonal 3D Converse Star Chevron logo on the sides, a gusseted tongue and matching black laces. Additional details include Ambush branding printed on the heel.
The Converse x Ambush collection will be available at Converse.com and select retailers.
This Influencer Channels His Dominican Roots for a Bold Converse Shoe
Kobe Bryant’s Next Nike Sneaker Might Be Inspired By His Best-Selling Book Cover
All the Raffles to Enter for the Buzzy Travis Scott x Air Jordan 6 Sneaker
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time