The mixed martial arts star shared a short video on Twitter and Instagram today with a black and orange pair of the Reebok Zig Kinetica laced up. McGregor jumped over a toy train in the video and when he landed the soles of the sneakers became electrified. The fighter then looked down at the floor at an action figure and then became one himself.
More from Footwear News
- Reebok Collaborates With 'Tom & Jerry' on a New Capsule Collection
- Sustainability Matters: December 2019
- Why Kerby-Jean Raymond Is One of Fashion's Most Irreverent Change Agents
McGregor also gave a hint at when the look would hit stores, captioning the video: “Just wait. Dropping Sunday.”
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) January 9, 2020
Despite the promotion, it is not known whether this is a collaboration with the MMA star or if he is promoting a general release shoe. In an email response, Reebok told FN that they could not could not confirm any details on the sneaker.
McGregor and Cerrone are headlining UFC 246, which will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The card also features a matchup between Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington for the co-main event.
Conor McGregor Retires Again
Conor McGregor Dresses His Whole Family in Versace for Bash at Versace Mansion
Conor McGregor and His Son Are Adorable Twins in Purple Jackets at Super Bowl 53
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court