- Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will not host the 2019 CMA Awards together this year.
- Instead, Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire will join Carrie as guest hosts.
- The country community has mixed opinions, with many saying they wished Brad hadn't been replaced.
The ladies are taking over the CMA Awards, and it's causing quite the stir amongst the country community.
It was just announced that Brad Paisley will not serve as host during the 53rd annual show. (And no, it’s not because he can’t stop outing co-host Carrie Underwood’s baby news on stage.) The Country Music Association has decided Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire will join Carrie on the big night, forming a legendary trio we can’t wait to see come November.
But there are some viewers who aren’t exactly ecstatic about the news, including 88% of CountryLiving.com readers who admitted they wished Brad was coming back in a poll. Others took to social media to express their frustration. Here’s a sampling of comments shared on Facebook so far:
- "Great to celebrate women! But why fix something that’s not broken. Carrie and Brad are good together."
- "I love Reba and Dolly, and I'm sure they will ROCK IT with Carrie this year, put PLEASE bring Brad Paisley back next year!!!"
- "What a bummer!! Brad and Carrie were awesome together. It just won't be the same."
- "I watched to see Brad and Carrie host. I absolutely love Reba and Dolly, but why couldn’t Brad and Carrie still host and Reba and Dolly could be involved some other way?"
- "Hope this is a one time change up, love the ladies but Brad brings it! Plus the dynamic between him and Carrie is unstoppable the ONLY awards show I watch."
- "That’s so disappointing! Carrie and Brad are such a great pair!"
And that’s not even counting the reactions on Twitter.
First, Luke is no longer hosting the ACMS. Now, Carrie & Brad aren’t hosting the CMAS together pic.twitter.com/G7aH68v9En— Brittany (@brittylovesluke) August 19, 2019
Guys I’m so so sad about the CMAs. It’s cool that she’s still there but it’s a Carrie and Brad thing and always has been. I’m super sad honestly— TeamFisherwood (@TeamFisherwood) August 19, 2019
Despite some of the outcries, there are plenty of people who are excited for this change of pace, welcoming Dolly and Reba with open arms and elated gifs.
Well I have no excuse to miss the CMA Awards this year. The three queens all on one stage https://t.co/d2HThGwZWr— Ryan Eyster (@RyanThGamer17) August 20, 2019
This CMA awards is going to be hot. Those three women Carrie , Reba and Dolly are going to have the house in blazes. Love Country Music!— Donna Valentine (@DonnaVa72791698) August 20, 2019
Regardless of which side you fall on, it seems there’s one thing everyone can agree on: Carrie is the queen of the CMAs.
It won’t be the same, it’ll be better. Carrie’s got this. #CMAAwards— Rodney Sharp (@RazorbackRodney) August 20, 2019
Can’t wait to watch Carrie Music Awards(CMAs)!— it me 🏳️🌈 (@sikeitsmike1) August 19, 2019
We'll just be here, kicking ourselves for not coming up with "Carrie Music Awards" sooner.
You Might Also Like