You’ve got the balloons, pretty paper plates and streamers down pat. The only thing missing? A dessert that’s just as fabulous as your taste in party decorations. That’s where these super-easy Champagne doughnuts come in. Made with actual Champagne (a perfect use for leftover bubbly that’s gone flat), they’re baked in the oven—not fried. Pile ’em up on your favorite cake stand and watch them disappear like magic (they go down easy).
Servings: 12 doughnuts
¾ cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
⅔ cup whole milk
⅓ cup Champagne
1½ cups powdered sugar
⅓ cup Champagne, or more as needed
Shimmery gold sprinkles, for finishing
1. Make the Doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease two 6-cavity doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, butter and oil. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk well to combine. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
3. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and Champagne and mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Divide the batter between the doughnut pans, filling each about halfway full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a doughnut comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
5. Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely, 45 minutes more.
6. Make the Glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and Champagne (add more Champagne as needed to achieve a pourable glaze).
7. Spoon the glaze over the doughnuts and decorate them with sprinkles.