WARNING: This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 1.
Isaac Hempstead Wright, the actor who plays Bran Stark, has seen the memes about his character following the Season 8 finale and he doesn't seem to mind. "Loving these #BranStark memes, keep em coming #ForTheThrone," he tweeted.
- Isaac.H.Wright (@Isaac_H_Wright) April 16, 2019
Original post, 4/14:
The characters of Game of Thrones encountered some interesting developments in the Season 8 premiere. Jon Snow learned he is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, thus making him the heir the Iron Throne (he also rode a dragon!). Arya Stark reunited with some past traveling companions, like Gendry and The Hound. Samwell Tarly learned Daenerys Targaryen executed his father and brother. But for Bran Stark, now also known as the Three-Eyed Raven, most of the episode involved eerie encounters and empty stares.
We should probably cut Bran some slack, considering just two years ago he was a young tween traversing the North with his friends and since then, he's undergone the worst form of puberty possible, transforming him into an all-knowing, psychic, hundred-years-old man trapped in a boy's body. (Beats bad acne, I guess!)
We do have Bran to thank for learning that Jon's real mother is Lyanna Stark, courtesy of his greensight abilities, and he worked with GoT's resident scholar Samwell Tarly to discover that Jon's father is Rhaegar Targaryen, making him heir to the throne. But regardless of his contributions to the GoT storyline, some viewers just couldn't get past one thing during the premiere tonight: his creepiness.
- Joe Brueggemeyer (@JoesTakeOnStuff) April 15, 2019
- Dracarys (@JustMpume) April 15, 2019
In tonight's installment of GoT, Bran was like that villain in a horror movie who appears behind you in the mirror when you're washing your face, or shows up in your rear view mirror when you're about to back out of the driveway. You weren't expecting to see him and you have no idea where he came from, but he's there now, looking at you blankly.
When Sam emerged from his heartbreaking conversation with Daenerys, Bran was there, waiting for him in the courtyard. When Jaime tried to sneak into Winterfell, he turned around to find Bran, waiting for him in his wheelchair.
Luckily, Twitter turned the awkward cameos into an amazing meme. Check out some of the best renditions below.
Bran always get me with the look 😂 pic.twitter.com/Of8f2G3OHm
- Damon Harrison Sr. (@snacks) April 15, 2019
Bran getting around to confront everybody in Winterfell pic.twitter.com/xWr4swMZos
- Grant Goldberg (@GrantGoldberg) April 15, 2019
- Alberto Cuadra (@cuatr05six) April 15, 2019
If I walk outside right now and Bran is staring at me I’m calling the cops #GameOfThrones
- Cameron Magruder (@ScooterMagruder) April 15, 2019
Who is just leaving Bran parked in these spots for people to conveniently see him
- Frazier Tharpe (@The_SummerMan) April 15, 2019
- baebae Mike Trout Money daniels (@baebae32) April 15, 2019
bran observing any and all mess in the seven kingdoms pic.twitter.com/M3sg4Vwu1S
- Bim Adewunmi (@bimadew) April 15, 2019
#GameOfThrones so ... was Bran just sitting outside all night? Like, who's supposed to be watching Bran?
- Bill Bradley (@gumgumerson) April 15, 2019
- 🌸 ✨ (@ljymtbc) April 15, 2019
- Harvey✨ (@2Harvey) April 15, 2019
- DanOfTheNorth🐺 (@DanWithAPlan1) April 15, 2019
- Millie (@MillieFisher13) April 15, 2019
Bran looking at everyone because he has all the tea pic.twitter.com/904vLHe2GA
- Grandmaster Blaks (@DJBLAKITO) April 15, 2019
- 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒 𝒿𝑜𝒹𝒾𝒹𝒶 (@Euneezyy) April 15, 2019
I like that Bran’s entire persona now is “weird roommate who always catches you by surprise when you’re emerging from your bedroom”
- Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) April 15, 2019
People walking around Winterfell:
- sam (@samclarissee) April 15, 2019
Someone in Winterfell minding their business not bothering anybody at all:
- Beyonce has an uncle named Larry Beyince. Bruh.... (@DragonflyJonez) April 15, 2019
- BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) April 15, 2019
Game of Thrones Season 8 airs Sundays on HBO at 9 p.m. ET.
('You Might Also Like',)