Wait—It Looks Like Bobby Flay Is Staying At Food Network After All

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2 min read
Wait—It Looks Like Bobby Flay Is Staying At Food Network After All
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Food Network
    American TV channel
  • Bobby Flay
    Bobby Flay
    American celebrity chef, restaurateur and reality television personality

Update, November 23, 2o21: Bobby Flay will be returning to Food Network following news he was leaving the channel after three decades. Last month, a report in Variety said the chef was having issues coming to financial terms for a new contract, but now Bobby has signed a new three-year contract.

In a statement shared with People, Bobby expressed his excitement for signing back with the network. "I'm thrilled to extend my relationship with Food Network and Discovery," Flay said. "Although these talks to renew took a little longer than expected, the important thing is that both sides are happy that we can now build on an already rock-solid foundation. Stay tuned for some incredibly exciting new shows as I promise to take food and cooking to places we've never imagined before."

Bobby's current contract is up at the end of 2021, and it is rumored the Beat Bobby Flay star was looking for a new agreement in the ballpark of $100 million.

Original Post, October 8, 2021: Bobby Flay is parting ways with Food Network after a nearly three-decade run. His latest contract expires at the end of 2021, and it seems negotiations have not been reached to keep the chef and network star at the cabler.

Since 1994, Bobby has been a staple on the Food Network's portfolio of shows as a star, host, and recurring guest. Beat Bobby Flay, Brunch at Bobby's, and Grillin' and Chillin' are some of the most well-known programs he was a part of. Bobby also appeared as a guest judge on shows like Chopped, Iron Chef America, and Worst Cooks in America. Most recently, he even starred alongside his daughter Sophie in a hosted series called The Flay List.

Although no public comments about the departure have been made by Bobby's team or the Food Network, Variety reports that there seems to be an issue with clashing financial terms on either side. Since no agreement was achieved, Bobby could find his TV home elsewhere starting next year.

Arguably one of the most recognizable names in the food industry, Bobby was the first chef to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2015. At the beginning of this year, he also starred in a new Discovery+ show alongside fellow chef Giada De Laurentiis called Bobby and Giada in Italy. It's unclear at this time how Bobby's departure from Food Network will impact his future on such shows, but you can go back and reminisce with some of his best work on Discovery+ right now to help you deal with the news.

You Might Also Like