The “Pose” actor wore the on-trend silhouette last night at the Broadway opening of “A Soldier’s Play” in New York. He teamed his shoes with a longline asymmetrical coat that had writing printed across one side.
More from Footwear News
- Industry Moves: Dune Group CEO Exits, Geox Promotes CFO to CEO + More
- Billy Porter's Best Style Moments on the Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lopez Is Fashion's Most Coveted Spring '20 Campaign Star -- But Will She Drive Sales?
Platforms are trending in a big way for fall — thanks to labels such as Givenchy, Gianvito Rossi and Rick Owens. The shoes provide a height boost with more stability than a stiletto, leading to a feeling of empowerment for the wearer. Porter’s pair — which he’s worn before — boasts a chunky heel, an almond toe and a shiny leather upper.
At the 2019 FN Achievement Awards, Porter spoke with FN on the red carpet about his first time walking in heels, calling the experience “powerful.”
“As a black gay man, my masculinity has been in question from the time that I could walk. And the worse thing you can do as a black gay man in America is appear feminine, aka put on some heels. From the minute I was able to do that freely, I felt the most grounded, the most powerful, the most masculine I have felt in my life,” he said.
At the FNAAs, Porter presented FN Hall of Fame inductee Sandra Choi, Jimmy Choo’s longtime designer.
Click through the gallery for a look at Billy Porter’s best red carpet fashion.
Billy Porter’s Best Style Moments on the Red Carpet
Billy Porter Brings Back ’00s Butterfly Tattoos In a Seafoam Jumpsuit That Looks Like a Gown at the 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards
Billy Porter Wears a Custom Dapper Dan x Gucci Look With Platform Boots at ‘Like a Boss’ Premiere
Best of Footwear News
- How Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Style Has Evolved Over the Years
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner