The red carpet has only just rolled out for the 2020 Academy Awards, but Billy Porter is already making a case for best dressed. The “Pose” actor has arrived at Los Angeles’ Dolby Theate in a glistening gold ensemble.
Porter is wearing a gown with a high-necked golden bodice that appears as if it’s almost covered in feathers — made of 24-carat gold. The voluminous skirt is covered in a baroquelike pattern with regal vibes.
More from Footwear News
- Regina King + More Stars Are Towering in Chunky Platforms on the Oscars Red Carpet
- Kristin Cavallari Goes Old Hollywood in Cinderella Blue Gown & Diamond Jewels + More 2020 Oscars Arrivals
- Michelle Obama Pairs Her Bright Blue Pantsuit With Edgy Fishnet Heels on Oprah's 2020 Vision Tour
On his feet, the Emmy Award winner is sporting a pair of bespoke Jimmy Choo shoes with a platform, one of his go-to silhouettes. Tonight’s pair comes in shiny gold, with a lace-up upper and sparkling embellishment on the vamp. Porter is wearing the shoes over a pair of beige fishnets.
Porter had arguably one of the buzziest ensembles of the night at the 2019 Oscars, hitting the red carpet in a custom-made tuxedo-gown by Christian Siriano.
The Tony winner puts together his statement-making red carpet looks with the assistance of longtime stylist Sam Ratelle, who is also a costume designer. Speaking to FN earlier this month, Ratelle said of his client’s Oscars night fashion: “The Category [is] ROYALTY!” The stylist also said to expect to see more than one Porter look throughout the night, meaning that fans should stay tuned for more to come.
Click through the gallery to see more red carpet arrivals at the 2020 Academy Awards.
Billy Porter Takes His Favorite Platform Boots to a Broadway Red Carpet
Gabrielle Union, Billy Porter + More Stun at the 2020 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
Billy Porter Sparkles in a ‘Lampshade’ Hat With 70,000 Crystals and Matching Coach Boots on Grammys Red Carpet
Best of Footwear News
- How Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Style Has Evolved Over the Years
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner