FN Senior Digital Editor Charlie Carballo and Style Director Shannon Adducci spoke to some of the biggest names in the fashion industry, Hollywood and music at our 33rd Annual Footwear News Achievement Awards this month. From Billy Porter talking about his boldest red carpet gowns to Adriana Lima revealing her boxing routine, we bring you the best moments of the night.
Porter explained why he was at first hesitant to wear a dress on the red carpet at events, “People really think that their opinion actually matters. And for me it was about, how am I gracious about that? How do I stand in my truth and in my authenticity and not cuss b****es out? How am I graceful about what is going to come at me? What I know is going to come at me? How am I going to remain graceful and classy? Right? Because that was what I was . . . you know because I’m mad right now. You know what I mean? I am a black gay man that just turned 50 years old. This b***h is president. I gotta run through it every day. You know, it’s like y’all want us to go back to fighting for the same s**t we fought for already. I’m already mad. Right?
More from Footwear News
- Best Moments From the FNAAs Red Carpet Livestream: Paris & Nicky Hilton, Aurora James, Steve Madden & More
- Puma Makes a Socklike Shoe for Active Gamers
- Lauren London Partners With Puma on Touching Tribute to Late Rapper Nipsey Hussle
Watch the interviews in full above.
Christie Brinkley, Victor Cruz & More Hit the Red Carpet at the 2018 FNAAs
Hailey Baldwin Kisses Tabitha Simmons’ Baby Bump and More Moments You Didn’t See at the 2017 FNAAs
The Best Instagrams From the Star-Studded FNAAs
Best of Footwear News
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner
- Britney Spears' '90s and Early '00s Street Style Will Have You Feeling Nostalgic