After news surfaced earlier this week that photographer Marcus Hyde was accused of requesting nude photos of models before shooting with them and requiring payment for a clothed shoot, Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian appear to have publicly spoken out against the photographer, with whom both have collaborated in the past, though neither named him specifically.
On July 22, model Sunnaya Nash posted to her social media screenshots of an alleged conversation she had with Marcus, and the screenshots were picked up by Instagram style-and-fashion watchdog Diet Prada. Sunnaya replied to Marcus after he posted an Instagram Story looking for models to shoot with, and the conversation, allegedly between the two of them, appears to show that he requested nude photos prior to a shoot to see if she was “worth it”; he let her know that a nude shoot would be free, and a clothed shoot would cost $2,000. Diet Prada tagged Ariana and Kim in the post, asking them to “come get your boy.”
Ariana appears to have responded to the situation on her Instagram Stories, writing, “Please do not shoot with photographers who make you uncomfortable or make you feel like you need to take your clothing off if you don't want to.” She continued, “If you want to, sick. But if you don't, please don't. If they tell you you have to pay more money if you're clothed that's f--ked and I'm sorry that has happened to you. I promise there are so many respectful, nice, talented photographers out there."
Ariana also urged her fans to look out for one another. “I hate hearing about things like this. I am sorry that this was anybody's experience and know that it doesn't have to be,” she said.
Kim also took to Instagram Stories to share her thoughts, writing, “I have been reading all of the messages and stories from women regarding inappropriate and inexcusable behavior of a photographer that I have worked with in the past," she said. “My own experiences have always been professional, and I am deeply shocked, saddened, and disappointed to learn that other women have had very different experiences. I stand in full support of every woman's right to not be harassed, asked or pressured to do anything they are not comfortable with." He has not publicly responded to the allegations and has deleted his Instagram account.
Since Sunnaya came forward about Marcus, she shared on Instagram that she has been receiving information regarding "other male photographers that have acted inappropriately" and "is sorting out a way to bring that to attention."
Teen Vogue has reached out to Marcus for comment, but at the time of publishing we had not received a response yet.
Originally Appeared on Teen Vogue