It looks beautiful IRL too, and not just on a highly edited Instagram feed. I ordered one, and as it went from the barista's hand to mine, the Frapp practically whispered, "Take my pic."
And so I did. Obviously.
But what does it actually taste like? Eight people tried it, and here's what you can expect:
1. “It didn’t taste how I expected it to taste. I’m not sure if it’s because it was sitting on the counter for a while, or because I drank from the top of the Frappuccino, but there was a watery quality to it. You definitely get notes of something fruity, but I’m not sure I can go so far as to call it mango. Will this be my new go-to Starbucks drink? Not by any means. Is it a piece of pop art I can appreciate as such? Absolutely.” - Amy
2. "It was a little melted, but frozen, I think this could be fun! I don't think I could handle anything more than a tall, because of how sweet it is, but honestly, I'd get this for the color alone." - Julia
3. "When I tasted the magical unicorn beverage, I mixed the whipped cream directly into it, rather than leaving it as a garnish, which off-set some of the tart flavor. It genuinely tastes like a fruit creamsicle, with a little zing. It probably won't ever take the place of coffee for me, but I'd definitely enjoy one of these on a hot summer day - maybe with some rum next time." - Ali
4. "The drink was so pretty I almost didn't want to sip it. But when I did, it was frothy and refreshing, with a hint of mango - one of my favorite fruits! Even though I'm not normally a Frappuccino drinker, I'd definitely order this if I needed a pick-me-up." - Christina
5. "Is this what unicorn heaven tastes like? Citrusy with a splash of positive vibes?" - Peggy
6. "I am entirely biased to all unicorn treats - and anything pink - but I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. It's like Starbucks created a mango creamsicle that's pink and topped with edible fairy dust - what's not to love? If you're obsessed with Pixy Stix or SweetTarts, this is for you." - Me
7. "It's very tart - not sweet, like a typical Frappuccino. If you like Sour Patch Kids, or maybe even Sour Skittles, you'll probably like this." - Maya
8. "Think of how every single popsicle you've ever had would taste if they were all melted together, and that's this unicorn drink." - Hannah
For more food news and magical recipes, follow Cosmo Bites on Facebook!
You Might Also Like