- A new Reddit theory has a guess for who gets Bachelor Peter Weber's final rose.
- It's none of the contestants—it's Bachelor producer Julie LaPlaca.
- The Reddit theory has attracted a lot of attention, including new comments from ABC executive Robert Mills.
Peter Weber has whittled down his future wife prospects to six women on The Bachelor, and there are still no spoilers on who he chooses at the end. All Bachelor Nation knows right now is that Chris Harrison suggested on Good Morning America that things still aren’t done. "This season is unlike any other. You truly aren’t gonna know how it’s going to end until the very end," he said. "It’s possible it’s still not over."
Okay…well, there’s a Reddit conspiracy post about what one fan thinks has happened that’s getting tons of attention RN, and it’s super juicy. In the post, Redditor Krallie argues that it’s highly likely Peter actually ends up with Bachelor producer Julie LaPlaca.
This conspiracy theory went straight to the top and caught the eye of Robert Mills, an ABC senior vice president. He addressed the Reddit rumor and the finale in an interview with Entertainment Tonight: “Well, I hate to get in the way of a good rumor, so I’m not going to confirm or deny about whether he ends up with a producer! I don’t know how we’d ever top that though! But, it is crazy.”
The ABC exec also explains that the real Bachelor finale hasn't happened, at least not yet. “What we’ve seen about the finale over the years is that the ‘finale’ is really on that night when the show goes live,” Mills continued. “There’s a lot of craziness, it’s a roller coaster, but I would say even now the roller coaster hasn’t ended, and it won’t end until after After the Final Rose.”
With that said, put on your tin hat and join me for a deep dive in the conspiracy theory. The Redditor details exactly when Peter and Julie connect in a hypothetical timeline. Here are all the key points on their hypothetical romantic timeline, according to their Reddit post:
1. "Filming wrapped 11/17—Julie went to Sydney with another producer—potentially why Peter's mom is saying 'bring her home' because LA is home to them both, and Julie is still in Australia meanwhile Peter is back in LA," Krallie writes.
2. It's not until Julie returns to Los Angeles that things get serious. Krallie continues: "Two weeks later I think they reconnect, figure things out. The nightclub in Vegas with other Bachelor people gave them an opportunity to slowly go public with people they trust. They are both in LA this whole time, no need for SHV [safe house visit] because they can just say it's for work."
3. There's an "update" worth filming in December. Krallie writes: "Chris Harrison is at Peter's parents house filming something 12/16, maybe an 'update'—New Years Eve they are together in NYC—he posts in feed a video of him, his family, and her (first time he's really posted her in feed)."
4. Peter makes his non-single status official in January on Instagram. A week later Peter posts, "I am grateful to have had the opportunity to find my girl."
Krallie then listed out the reasons they believe Peter ends up with Julie, including:
1. A woman that Julie follows (likely one of her friends) posted a pic of herself and Peter and tagged Julie (then untagged her). "The caption says something about 'an unexpected ending indeed,'" Krallie wrote.
2. That person may now be trying to cover up evidence of a Peter and Julie romance. Krallie updated her Reddit theory with more juicy details from Instagram. "A few hours later I went to go show my friend and it's gone," she wrote, in reference to the tagged picture of Julie with the "unexpected ending" caption. "The girl either deleted it, untagged them, or went private. They clearly know that the theory is out in the open. It seems like they may be attempting to hide it! I genuinely believe this could be the only credible theory and the only thing to save and explain what an annoying snooze this season has been."
3. Peter and Julie also spent New Years Eve together with his family (as previously mentioned in the hypothetical timeline). "Check her tagged pics, there’s a pic from his dad with her and their family at dinner," Krallie wrote.
To be fair, Pilot Pete also posted an Instagram video on New Year's Eve and tagged Julie in it, so it doesn't seem like they were trying to keep that a secret. (Worth noting: Peter was "working" on NYE, doing a television appearance.
4. Julie wore a Seahawks hat in one photo that she was tagged in on January 12 (OMG, Peter is a Seahawks fan!!!)
5. In an Instagram pic of Julie in New York, Peter can be seen behind her (his back is to the camera). Former Bachelorette and Peter's ex-flame Hannah Brown wrote in the comments, "This is really cute Jules. I approve. ❤️😍." (Hannah probably wouldn't have said "I approve" simply about a cute pic, ya know?)
6. According to Krallie, Julie has shared on Instagram Stories that she’s spent a lot of time with Peter and his family at their home.
7. In the previews, Peter says he’s "crazy in love" with someone, but fans haven’t seen that with anyone on the show yet. A blonde producer, who could be Julie, also appears in one of the season previews walking with Chris Harrison and Peter.
8. One of Peter's interviews with E! kind of supports a connection with Julie, according to Krallie. Excerpts point to an unexpected and unique ending: "But yeah, at the end, obviously every season is unique in its own way, and mine's definitely unique, and I couldn't have expected it to go the way it did, but it's real life."
So... yeah, there’s a lot to unpack here. Aside from all that "evidence," there's another pic of Julie and Peter posing for the camera. It's pretty clear they're working on something Bachelor-related though, given his pilot uniform and her producer earpiece.
And, not to burst anyone's bubble, butttttt there are also plenty of pics of Julie with other Bachelor contestants. For starters, there are tons of Instagrams of her with Hannah:
A few of her with former Bachelor Colton Underwood:
And plenty of her with other former Bachelor and Bachelorette stars:
Still, Bachelor and Bachelorette stars do spend a ton of time with producers, so it’s not impossible that they could end up falling for one. (It was the season one plot of scripted TV show UnREAL, which was created by a former Bachelor producer, after all.) A decade ago, Bachelor contestant Rozlyn Papa was kicked off of Jake Pavelka’s season of The Bachelor after she was accused of cheating on Jake with a male producer.
Rozlyn later told Us Weekly that "there was no making out" and she wishes she would have handled things differently. "If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" she said at the time.
Of course, The Bachelor is notorious for trying to throw fans off the scent, and it would be kinda surprising for someone who has been working on the show as long as Julie to let herself be tagged alongside Peter in incriminating-ish pics on Insta if she really did end up with him.
Reality Steve weighed in on the new Reddit theory.
The king of Bachelor spoilers tweeted his thoughts on a potential Julie and Peter romance, basically debunking the whole theory.
"Gonna make this as simple as possible for every1 since it’s all I get asked now: It’s garbage, there is absolutely nothing to this, it makes zero sense & people are desperately grasping at straws bc the ending isn’t out yet," he wrote.
Gonna make this as simple as possible for every1 since it’s all I get asked now: It’s garbage, there is absolutely nothing to this, it makes zero sense & people are desperately grasping at straws bc the ending isn’t out yet.— RealitySteve (@RealitySteve) February 8, 2020
Hope that clears things up. https://t.co/ZFjdFSDJSz
Nonetheless, it certainly seems like this theory might have some legs...
You Might Also Like