Most of us apply sunscreen before heading to the park, pool or beach, but did you know you should be shielding yourself from the sun on a daily basis? It’s true. The UV rays which cause skin damage (and skin cancer) are present at all times. But that doesn’t mean you have to power through the work day feeling greasy or smelling like a coconut. Simply swap one of these SPF-infused lotions in for your regular moisturizer to reap the same hydrating benefits with a boost of UVA/UVB protection.
Hint: Keep a bottle at your desk. These are perfect for morning use and a SPF refresh before heading out to lunch during work, but you should always wear higher SPF in prolonged sun exposure.
More from SheKnows
- Save Your Sunscreen With Chic & Sunproof Swimwear Kids Will Rock All Summer
- Yes, You Still Need Sun Protection on Cloudy Days
- 5 Sunscreen Sprays & Oils Made to Protect Your Scalp
1. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter with SPF 45
With zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, argan oil and white tea, this lotion will revitalize even the driest of skin.
2. Hempz Yuzu & Starfruit Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Lightweight and streak-free, this daily body lotion will moisturize, soften and protect your skin.
3. Supergoop! Forever Young SPF 40 Body Butter
Made with sea buckthorn, Supergoop! Forever Young Body Butter is loaded with natural oils which will help you feel fresh and hydrated all day long.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 15
If summer’s prickly heat has left you feeling dry and itchy, this emollient option is for you. The sensitive skin-soothing formula contains Aveeno’s signature ingredient, colloidal oatmeal, which serves as a protective barrier to lock in moisture all day long.
5. Glytone Body Lotion Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 15
You may balk at its price tag but this fast-absorbing cream is well worth the splurge. Shea butter offers some of the deepest hydration around while glycolic acid exfoliates dead skin — a potent combo that guarantees supremely smooth limbs.
6. Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 15 Moisturizing Body Lotion
No one likes having their body lotion compete with their perfume, which is why this fragrance-free lotion is such a breath of fresh air. In addition to sparing nearby noses from olfactory assault, it takes a two-fold approach to sun protection: Titanium dioxide serves as a physical blocker while vitamin E naturally defends skin against free radicals caused by UV exposure.
7. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion Daily Shade Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Green beauty buffs, we haven’t forgotten about you: This all-natural option relies on aloe vera, green tea and chamomile extracts to deeply nourish skin the healthy way. It also boasts the most effortless application and least residue we encountered in the category.
8. Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
There’s practically no difference between Lubriderm’s regular vitamin B-enriched lotions and this SPF 15 variation — at least from a consistency standpoint. Bonus: It boasts the Skin Cancer Foundation‘s lofty seal of approval.
9. Skin MD Natural Shielding SPF 15 Lotion
This eco-friendly lotion is made using 100% solar energy, so you can feel good about slathering it on.
10. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Replenishing Solar Defense SPF 30
This “solar defense” broad spectrum SPF lotion helps protect your skin from sun damage that causes wrinkles, dark spots, and sagging.
11. Coola 30 SPF Mineral Body Lotion
This reef-friendly, SPF 30 lotion won’t damage coral and plantlife – use it the next time you go on vacation.
A version of this article was originally published in July 2015.
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.