On Day 1 of Milan Fashion Week, Alessandro Michele set the bar high with an incredibly breathtaking Gucci show. Presented at the Gucci Hub, the theme for the Fall 2017 collection was "The Alchemist's Garden: an anti-modern laboratory." Models, both men and women, walked a plexiglass tunneled runway surrounding a giant pyramid at the center. The end result? An unforgettable, futuristic fashion spectacle. Below, everything you need to know about the show plus the best moments captured on Instagram.
1) The show invites featured an ominous hand-written message by artist Coco Capitán, "What are we going to do with all this future?" accompanied with a vinyl record. (On a side-note, this also kind of looks like Drake's hand-writing.)
2) Held at the Gucci Hub, the show space featured a pyramid in the center of a plexiglass tunneled runway.
3) It was the first time Gucci has ever combined both womenswear and menswear into one unified show. For the occasion, Alessandro Michele staged "The Alchemist's Garden: an anti-modern laboratory."
4) Front row guests included Jared Leto, Salma Hayek, Florence Welch, Alexa Chung and Tom Hiddleston.
5) The new logo t-shirts feature artist Coco Capitán's writing. "Common sense is not common" is the new message sketched across the Gucci logo.
6) A total of 96 looks walked the runway. The looks ranged from garden party-inspired frocks to Gucci sweatbands (the next street style It item, perhaps?), upgraded logo belts and tees, statement-making umbrellas, pantsuits, over-the-top capes and more.
7) Alessandro Michele took his final bow in a yellow Gucci t-shirt, ripped jeans and a green Yankees hat.
You Might Also Like