Did a birthday even happen unless we celebrated it on Instagram — with all of its balloons, cake, presents, and festive party outfits? Indeed birthdays call for big-time celebrating, and sharing the joy with friends across the miles who couldn’t be there. That means choosing the perfect social media snaps — whether the celebrant is yourself, your bestie, the love of your life, or anyone else you admire (public figures included). Of course, you’ll have to top off your post with the perfect caption — it’s the icing on the cake! — so bookmark our list with 60 birthday Instagram options, from cute and quippy, to sentimental and romantic, to deep and inspirational.
Funny Birthday Instagram Captions for Yourself
- Making my birthday wish.
- Still got it!
- Thanks, mom!
- It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to.
- Birthday MOOD!
- I’m not getting older, I’m just becoming a classic.
- Just here for the cake.
- Don't count the years — make the years count.
- Still wild after all these years.
- Don’t grow up, it’s a trap!
- Older and wiser!
Cute Birthday Instagram Captions for Friends
- Dream big!
- May all your wishes come true.
- On this day, a queen was born.
- You glow, birthday girl!
- You don’t look a day over fabulous!
- Friends are the family we choose for ourselves. Happy birthday!
- Keep calm and party on!
- Candles aren’t the only thing getting lit tonight.
- Another trip around the sun!
- Count your blessings, not your wrinkles.
Birthday Instagram Captions for Your Partner
- I’m so happy to be getting old with you.
- I love you more than I love cake.
- It may be your birthday, but you’re my greatest gift.
- Hugs, kisses, and birthday wishes!
- You’re not aging — you’re leveling up!
- You’re another year older… and I’d fall in love with you all over again today. Happy birthday!
- You’re aging like a fine wine.
Birthday Instagram Captions Inspired by Songs
- “I got a feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night.” —Black Eyed Peas
- "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” —John Lennon
- “Celebrate good times, come on!” —Kool & the Gang
- "Go shawty, it's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday." —50 Cent
- “Turn down for what!” —DJ Snake and Lil Jon
- “Age ain’t nothing but a number.” —Aaliyah
- “It's our party, we can do what we want.” —Miley Cyrus
- “Shots shots shots shots shots… everybody!” —LMFAO
- “I gotta say it was a good day.” —Ice Cube
- “Shine bright like a diamond.” —Rihanna
- "A little party never killed nobody." — Fergie
- “Living young and wild and free.” —Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa
- “Now the party don’t start til I walk in…” —Kesha
- “Tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1999!” —Prince
- “May you stay forever young.” —Bob Dylan
Birthday Instagram Captions Inspired by Quotes
- “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” —William Shakespeare
- “You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.” — George Burns
- “Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” —Lauren Hutton
- "Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” —Bridgette Bardot
- "Don't try to be young. Just open your mind.” —Betty White
- “Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Live your life and forget your age.” —Norman Vincent Peale
- "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." —Walt Disney
- “In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” —Abraham Lincoln.
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.” —Cora Harvey Armstrong
- "Please don't retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them.” —Anna Magnani
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “If you’re not getting older, you’re dead.” —Tom Petty
- Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.” —Audrey Hepburn
- Live long and prosper.” —Spock
You Might Also Like