A mom in Hampshire, U.K. claims that her daughter nearly choked on a face mask that was baked into her McDonald’s chicken nugget.
Laura Arber bought her daughter a Happy Meal and was sitting next to her when she says her daughter started choking. Arber told BBC News that she was able to pull the chicken nugget out of her daughter’s mouth and was confused when her saliva came out “speckled with blue.”
That’s when Arber says she examined the box of chicken nuggets and said she saw “something blue” sticking out of the food.
“It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it, it had gone like chewing gum. It was disgusting,” Arber told BBC. “If I hadn’t been in the room I just don’t know what could have happened.”
Arber drove back to the restaurant and asked to speak to the manager of the branch. The manager allegedly told her that the nuggets were not cooked on the premises.
“Just because it says it’s a Happy Meal doesn’t mean it’s safe,” Arber said in a warning to other parents. She said her and her daughter have been “put off” from McDonald’s for good.
McDonald’s said that it’s investigating the claims and that food safety is of the “utmost importance.”
“As soon as we were made aware of the issue we opened a full investigation with the relevant supplier, and have taken action to ensure any product from this batch is removed from restaurants,” a McDonald’s spokesperson told BBC. “We would like to offer a full apology to the customer in question.”
Snag an Amazon Echo Dot for $1:
Did you know one poll found that people love McDonald’s a little too much? Read about it here.
More from In The Know:
The post 6-year-old allegedly finds mask inside McDonald’s nugget appeared first on In The Know.