Bring on the cranberry, pumpkin and apple everything—come sweater season, we're hungry for all things autumnal. If you're anything like us, you need to try whipping up one (or all) of these 105 fall dinner recipe ideas. They'll satisfy your cravings for seasonal produce (we're talking Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and white potatoes, just to name a handful) and cozy dishes that just taste better in cooler weather, like comforting soups, casseroles, one-pot recipes and slow-cooker meals.
Whether you're whipping up a quick weeknight dinner like butternut squash carbonara during busy back-to-school season, throwing a casual backyard party starring balsamic cranberry chicken or serving pumpkin soup at an epic Halloween party (or Thanksgiving dinner), these easy fall dinner ideas are bound to impress.
1. Sheet-Pan Lemon Butter Veggies and Sausage
Two things we love: hands-off dinners and (practically) zero dishes. Feel free to throw in any near-rotten vegetables that you forgot about in the fridge.
2. Balsamic Cranberry Roast Chicken
One bag of frozen cranberries goes a long way. Despite being so low-lift, this chicken recipe is pretty enough for any holiday spread.
3. Harissa Chickpea Stew with Eggplant and Millet
4. Cheater's Prosciutto Hawaiian Pizza
It starts with store-bought flatbread, so it's easier to make than it looks. (Any excuse to fire up the barbecue one last time before its winter hibernation, right?)
5. Vegetarian Quinoa Bake
6. Butternut Squash Carbonara
Don’t tell the kids it’s packed with hidden veggies. All they care about is the pasta, pancetta and Parm anyway.
7. Bulgur with Roasted Butternut Squash, Sage and Goat Cheese
Pretty much the only thing we love more than our warmest sweater.
8. Spicy Turkey Enchiladas with Pumpkin Seeds
9. The Ultimate Chicken Potpie
Simple store-bought puff pastry to the rescue.
10. Mexican Posole Soup
11. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
That was easy. (Seriously, you don't even need to boil a separate pot of water for the pasta.)
12. Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon-Herb Sauce
13. Easy One-Pan Ratatouille
This French classic comes together in less than an hour, and it's an epic way to end tomato season with a bang.
14. Oven-Roasted Buffalo Wings
Admit it: It’s what everyone wants. Serve them with plenty of ranch dressing and crudités.
15. Chrissy Teigen's Cheesy Chicken Milanese Recipe
Our celeb crush doesn’t mess around with fussy dinners, and this 40-minute meal is proof.
16. General Tso's Cauliflower
Psst: It pairs extraordinarily well with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Just sayin'.
17. Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce
It's on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes (and loaded with protein to boot).
18. The Best Damn Tomato Soup
Don’t settle for the stuff in a can if you can help it because TBH, you can do so much better. Grilled cheese sammies, anyone?
19. Roasted Cauliflower Sliders
Plain vegetarian brilliance. Did we mention they're slathered in hummus *and* spicy yogurt spread?
20. Huevos Rancheros
Yet another way to put an egg on it. Feel free to add ground chorizo if you'd like meat in the dish.
21. Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Throw everything into a skillet and bam—dinner is served faster than you can say, "for delivery, please."
22. Zoodle Stir-Fry
Bye-bye carbs. This veggie-happy meal comes together in no time.
23. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
Why fold and cook a bunch of small tortillas when you can just bake one enormous one?
24. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
Eight billion times better than spaghetti and jarred sauce.
25. Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Our love for our cast-iron skillet runs deep. Serve with plenty of lime wedges and fresh guacamole.
26. Sheet Pan Pomegranate Chicken and Roasted Squash
Full disclosure: We could eat this every night for the rest of our lives.
27. Polenta and Meatballs
Creamy, satisfying comfort food? Coming right up. (Plus, spaghetti is far less exciting than polenta, no?)
28. Pork Scallopini with Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
One pan, endless possibilities. You're only 20 minutes away from this crispy stunner.
29. Cauliflower Fried Rice
Just as savory and satisfying as takeout, minus the carbs. Good looking out, cauliflower.
30. Vegetable Wellington with Mushrooms and Spinach
Hearty “meat” pies without the stomachache. We'd bookmark this now to make on Thanksgiving for your vegetarian relatives if we were you.
31. Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
32. 15-Minute Cheater's Pad Thai
Tempted to order in (um, again)? Try this dish that's loaded with rice noodles, peanuts and ground pork instead.
33. Spiralized Winter Vegetable Gratin
We'd honestly take a nap under all that gooey cheesy on a pillow of parsnips, sweet potatoes and butternut squash if we could.
34. Flank Steak Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
Don't let this seemingly tough-to-master protein intimidate you. Your grill pan has it covered.
35. Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
Aka a vehicle for meat, cheese and pasta.
36. Kale Salad with Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas and Fried Shallots
Don't tell the turkey but this app is hearty (and gorgeous) enough to steal the show at Thanksgiving.
37. Pasta Alla Norma
Think of it as a healthier, five-ingredient eggplant Parm.
38. Cheater's Skillet Paella
Behold, our favorite way to wow the pants off a crowd. We narrowed the seafood down to shrimp and littleneck clams, so it'll only take you an hour from start to finish.
39. Rotisserie Chicken Ramen
Flavorful, filling and, most importantly, super simple. The microwave kind you lived on in college doesn't even come close.
40. Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Broccoli rabe doesn't get the attention it deserves, but we love the chewy, slightly bitter veggie to bits.
41. Shrimp with Cauliflower Grits and Arugula
Thirty-minute dinners for the win. (And check out cauli rice's new look.)
42. Baking-Sheet Pizza with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Tastes like it was made in an ancient stone pizza oven. (Spoiler: It wasn’t.)
43. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
Like a ray of warm sunlight on a crisp fall day. Oh, before you ask, you don't need to peel the ginger before mincing it.
44. Tomato Soup in Grilled Cheese Bread Bowls
C'mon, the bread bowl topper is a grilled cheese sandwich. It's plain ingenious.
45. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
You love ordering sirloin at restaurants—why not make it at home?
46. Baked Sesame-Ginger Salmon in Parchment
Love cooking but hate doing dishes? Join the club. This beauty bakes in parchment, so you can throw the mess away as soon as the salmon is cooked.
47. 15-Minute Mezze Plate With Toasted Za'atar Pita Bread
We officially give you permission to eat a plate of fancy snacks for dinner.
48. One-Pan Steak with Beets and Crispy Kale
No fuss, no mess, all the bragging rights. You're only six ingredients away.
49. Baked Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Who has time to stand over a hot stove and stir (and stir and stir)? With this shortcut, you don't have to.
50. Cacio e Pepe
It's ready in 20 minutes and you likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now. Need we say more?
51. Butternut Squash, Sausage and Kale Gnocchi
Guaranteed to delight the whole fam. Thanks, Coterie member Maria Lichty.
52. Pesto Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Veggies and Labneh
Everything roasts together on a single sheet tray, leaving you with minimal dirty dishes to clean.
53. Skillet Eggs and Chorizo
This decadent one-pan egg dish takes just 30 minutes to whip up.
54. Spicy White Chili with Pulled Chicken and Beer
56. 10-Minute Pad See Ew
Yup, ten minutes. Is it cool if we eat this for dinner every single night?
55. 15-Minute Skillet Pepper Steak
Eat the rainbow (and peanut oil-kissed top round).
57. 20-Minute Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
We mean it this time: We’re never going back to angel hair again.
58. Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese and Celery
59. Spicy Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
Coterie Member Monique Volz knows the way to our heart.
60. Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken and Avocado Salad
Refreshing and filling, thanks to a zingy herb-spiked lemon marinade.
61. Perfect Meatballs with Cherry Tomato Sauce
Few things in life are truly flawless, but this dish makes the cut.
62. Greek Chicken and Rice Skillet
The chicken turns golden-brown while the rice becomes magically crispy. Just trust us on this one.
63. Cheater’s Italian Wedding Soup
64. Vegan Butternut Mac and ‘Cheese’ with Smoky Shiitake ‘Bacon’
Forget cheddar. We’re all about rich, creamy puréed squash.
65. Firecracker Chicken with Rice
Shocker: It’s low-maintenance. Serve it with plenty of steamed white rice and sliced scallions.
66. 30-Minute Cheater’s Beef Stroganoff
Comforting like Mom’s cooking. But honestly? Better. (Just don't tell her.)
67. Slow-Cooker Whole Chicken with Potatoes
Throw the whole damn bird in and leave the rest of the work to your Crock-Pot.
68. Loaded Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup
Tasty and comforting enough to turn any gloomy day around.
69. 20-Minute Paleo Egg Roll Bowls
Get the savory pork-and-veggie filling you crave without having to fuss with egg roll wrappers.
70. Cheater’s White Wine Coq au Vin
Because we’re fancy (ish), we updated this French classic so it comes together in under an hour.
71. Pumpkin Polenta
Try it once and it'll become a weekly cold-weather staple in no time.
72. Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa and Spinach
You won’t find any lettuce in this colorful salad. Add grilled chicken to make it more filling.
73. Butternut Squash Pizza
Move over marinara: You’re so last season.
74. Cheesy Roasted Mushroom Melt
Never underestimate the power of a grilled cheese sandwich.
75. The Best Damn Pumpkin Soup
Regular bowls? Yawn. Serve the soup in hulled-out pumpkins (and bake the seeds for a garnish) to wow your guests.
76. Herb Crusted Pork Cutlets
Ditch the chicken and try something new.
77. Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Real talk: We’d eat this sauce by the spoonful. (And we're betting some self-proclaimed mushroom haters out there would, too.)
78. Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
It’s officially cauliflower season. Let’s celebrate by blowing everyone at Taco Tuesday away.
79. One-Pan Sausage With Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
Don’t even think about dirtying all those dishes.
80. Butternut Squash Lasagna
We have a secret: You won’t find any pasta in this lasagna…but we promise you won’t even miss it.
81. Maple Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
Want to keep Thanksgiving low-key this year? Instead of roasting the whole bird, try just cooking the legs instead.
82. Beet and Goat Cheese Tart
Pie for dinner? Don’t mind if we do.
83. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
Our two favorite pasta dishes just collided to create this mouthwatering masterpiece.
84. Kale Minestrone
One spoonful and you'll never looked at the canned kind the same way again.
85. Vegetable Potpie
Whenever a comfort food craving strikes...you know what to do.
86. Cornbread Tamale Pie
Fact: We’ll eat anything if it’s cooked in a skillet. (Especially if it's oozing with beef and cheese.)
87. One-Pot Autumn Herb Roasted Chicken
All our favorite flavors of the season in one pot.
88. Kale Caesar Salad
Some dinners never go out of style. Massage the kale with olive oil for a few minutes to tenderize it.
89. Potato and Burrata Pizza
Hey now, hey now, this is what dreamsssss are made of.
90. Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel
The marinade works double duty as a sticky, citrusy sauce. Feel free to swap fennel for bok choy, green beans or whatever veg your heart desires.
91. Whole Roasted Chipotle Chicken
The most impressive way to feed a crowd. Your guests will have no clue how little effort it took to make.
92. Honey-Mustard Sheet Pan Salmon
Easy, delicious, healthy *and* lightning fast? We’re in love with this simple fall dinner.
93. Mini Cranberry Potpies
Move over, chicken—we’re in the mood for something unexpected. Each potpie serves two (or um, one).
94. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Red curry paste? Check. Coconut milk? Check. Fresh lime, cilantro and tamari? You betcha.
95. Pomegranate-Sumac Chicken with Roasted Carrots
Pro tip: Save your carrot greens. They make for the prettiest finishing touch.
96. Jake Cohen’s Kugel and Cheese
This Jewish take on mac and cheese shouldn't have to wait for Hanukkah to make its debut. It's creamy and decadent, thanks to sour cream and four types of cheese: cottage, mozzarella, Gruyère and sharp cheddar.
97. Broccoli Pesto Pasta
98. Baked Ginger and Lemon Chicken
Hello, gorgeous. Your guests won't believe their eyes when this one-hour wonder hits the table. (The fact that the ingredients are mostly pantry staples is just a bonus.)
99. 30-Minute Breakfast Hash with Kale and Sweet Potatoes
We're always down to make breakfast for dinner. And luckily, this 30-minute hash is equal parts filling and nutritious.
100. Crispy Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza with Fennel, Sausage and Garlic
It turns out your trusty cast-iron skillet is the ultimate pizza stone, since it guarantees an impossibly crispy crust and pillowy interior.
101. Skillet Roast Chicken with Shmaltzy Potatoes
This dish requires a bit of patience, since the recipe calls for brining the chicken in buttermilk for at least four hours. But once you sink your teeth into the bird's browned, crackly skin, you'll see that it's worth the wait.
102. Pozole Verde
103. Miso-Tahini-Glazed Roasted Eggplant with Farro
104. Sheet-Pan Cashew Chicken
Sheet-pan meals are lifesavers in terms of cleanup, but it can be tough to bake all the components to perfection when they have different cooking times. The key here is roasting the vegetables first until they're soft, then adding the chicken.
105. Sheet-Pan Gnocchi with Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Whether it comes in soup, mac and cheese or atop potatoes, we love gnocchi in all its forms. Melt some provolone cheese on top for a cheesesteak-inspired twist.
For even more great recipes, check out our first cookbook, Only the Good Stuff.