Don’t get us wrong—we love a traditional Thanksgiving feast. But we pretty much know what to expect every year (turkey, mashed potatoes, you know the drill). Starters, on the other hand, can be full of delicious surprises. Here are 50 appetizers for Thanksgiving that will kick off your celebration with a bang.
1. Cranberry, Brussels Sprouts and Brie Skillet Nachos
Otherwise known as Thanksgiving dip.
2. Roasted Mixed Nuts
With just the right amount of spice.
3. Roasted Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
A seasonal twist on a party classic that everyone can get behind—even picky kids.
4. Baked Brie with Figs, Pistachio and Orange
Set this warm and gooey app down and watch your guests instantly gather around.
5. Cinnamon Apple Chips
They sure beat a bowl of regular potato chips.
6. Crispy Mushrooms
Simply season and roast until nice and crispy.
7. Artichoke Dip Bites
We’ve never seen dip this adorable.
8. Baked Pumpkin with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cheese
Bonus: They make perfect table decorations.
9. Cheese Crostini with Cranberry Fig Jam
Sweet, tart and creamy in every bite.
10. Eggplant Parm Bites
One of our favorite Italian mains, in finger food form.
11. Jalapeño Poppers
Baked, never fried.
12. Carrot Pigs in a Blanket
These cuties won’t spoil your appetite.
13. Bleu Cheese Stuffed Figs
Sweet, savory and undeniably classy.
14. Beer Cheese Soup
Crisp Pilsner + sharp cheddar = autumn bliss.
15. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Part holiday appetizer, part work of art.
16. Rosemary, Cheddar and Gorgonzola Pumpkin Crackers
With a soy-maple glaze.
17. Baked Mac and Cheese Bites
Everyone’s favorite comfort food, in miniature.
18. Spaghetti Squash Fritters
Hustle to the hors d'oeuvre table—these go quick.
19. Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Salty, tangy and sweet.
20. Sweet Potato Crostini
With smoked salmon or cranberry-almond topping.
21. Cauliflower “Tater” Tots
Better than the original (yep, we said it).
22. Ultimate Cheese Plate with Roasted Grapes
Roasting grapes in oil and herbs will give them deep sweetness and complexity, perfect for pairing with salty, sharp cheese.
23. Roasted Artichokes
Perfectly golden, crispy and briny.
24. White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip
Squash season is back, and we are sooo ready for it.
25. Deviled Eggs Three Ways
You can’t go wrong with this roasted garlic, Sriracha and capers trio.
26. Black Bean Sweet Potato Boats
Loaded with flavor (and color).
27. Brussels Sprout and Apple Tart
Don't skimp on the walnut pesto.
28. Maple Candied Bacon
Syrup and brown sugar turn your favorite breakfast meat into a fall delicacy. Don't look now, but we're topping our apple pie with a few strips.
29. Baby Bloomin’ Onions
Just like your favorite steakhouse makes them.
30. Sweet Potato Skins
Walnut taco meat, a genius solution to accommodating your vegetarian guests.
31. Caramelized Apples and Goat Cheese Crescents
They'll never know you started with store-bought dough.
32. Brussels Sprouts Latkes
A potato classic meets fall's favorite vegetable.
33. Cranberry-Brie Pie Crust Bites
Store-bought cranberry sauce and pie crust can save cocktail hour in 15 minutes flat.
34. The Best Damn Pumpkin Soup
Just scoop out the seeds, pour in chicken stock and seasonings, then roast the whole darn thing in the oven.
35. Maple Pecan Baked Brie
Serve this five-ingredient beauty with bread, crackers or slices of Granny Smith apple.
36. Delicata Squash Rings with Garlic-Lemon Sauce
Don't peel the striped skin off—it's totally edible and offers serious fall flair to these handhelds.
37. Pumpkin Pizza Crust with Arugula and Prosciutto
Bet you didn't think you'd see *this* type of pie on your holiday table.
38. Bacon, Onion and Asiago Fondue
Is there anything more comforting than a skillet of warm, melty cheese? Didn't think so.
39. Cheesy Polenta Bites with Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
Tangy goat cheese and salty pancetta hold their own atop crispy cornbread-like morsels of Parmesan polenta.
40. Brussels Sprout Sliders
These prosciutto- and mozzarella-stuffed gems won't last long at the party.
41. French Onion Cups
The only way to make this Gruyère-rich soup more decadent? Wrapping it in puff pastry, of course.
42. Savory Pumpkin Dip
Complete with toasted pecans, crumbled bacon and pumpkin purée.
43. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Meet a soup that's pretty enough to steal the spotlight from any roast turkey.
44. Brie-Stuffed Pretzel Bites
We have one question: Are you dipping in yellow mustard or beer cheese?
45. Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
Not only does the recipe call for a whole sugar pumpkin, it also gets an entire head of roasted garlic.
46. Mini Mason Jar Chicken Potpies
Behold, the cutest little casseroles you ever did see.
47. Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Don't have the patience for charring sprouts? Wrapping them in bacon will give them the crunch you crave minus the smoking pan.
48. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
And you thought pasta salad season was over.
49. Baked Gorgonzola Bites
We like to think of this five-ingredient, half-hour app as savory monkey bread.
50. Baked Maple Glazed Donuts
No messy frying required. We're saving some for Black Friday brunch.
Additional reporting by Alexandra Hough