We're bringing financial confidence with us into 2023.
Money affirmations can help provide inspiration and a sense of control during a time when the whole world feels like it's spiraling—and that spiral is hitting your wallet. From stagnant wages to staggering inflation, everything in life is getting more expensive and increasing income is a necessity for a lot of us. But how do you choose a good one?
Financial advisor and behavioral finance expert Shari Greco Reiches explains how to choose a money mantra and why they're important.
"These money mantras act as an anchor. The quotes make you stop and think before making a decision," Reiches, author of Maximize Your Return on Life: Invest Your Time and Money in What You Value Most, tells Parade. "For example, before my clients make a purchase they think: 'I can have anything I want, not everything.' They take the time to evaluate their values and budget. 'In addition to passing on your valuables, pass on your values.' Clients feel good making charitable gifts. They may discuss the gifts with their family showing the importance of their values."
"You should choose a money mantra that resonates with you," Reiches advises. "A mantra that has meaning in your life. You will know it when you hear it."
Whether your goal is to get out of debt, save more for retirement, get a raise, find a new job or fight economic injustice, these money mantras and money affirmations will help center you to focus on getting what you need and want.
1. "My worth is not determined by my net worth."
2. "I release all resistance to building wealth."
3. "I can have anything I want, but not everything I want." — Shari Greco Reiches, financial advisor and author of Maximize Your Return on Life: Invest Your Time and Money in What You Value Most
4. "I don't need to be a millionaire to feel like a million bucks."
5. "I am not just saving for retirement. I am loving and providing for my future self."
6. "I am a magnet for money."
7. "Money is a tool to construct the life I want."
8. "Financial freedom is within reach."
9. "A rising tide lifts all ships—and so does an increased minimum wage."
10. "Ching ching ching goes the money tree / And every time it 'ching,' money comes to me / It all flows in so abundantly / From the top, left, right and up under me / Wave, wave, wave, I'm a money wave / Money flow, money flow, money made / Flowing in and out, plus money saved / Debt, debt, debt, all debt is paid." — King Soon
View the original article to see embedded media.
11. "I will always have what I need."
12. "If I put in the work, the universe will provide."
13. "Economic justice can be achieved if we try."
14. "In addition to passing on your valuables, pass on your values." — Shari Greco Reiches, financial advisor and author of Maximize Your Return on Life: Invest Your Time and Money in What You Value Most
15. "Stop comparing the life you're building from zero with the life someone was gifted through generational wealth." — The Financial Diet
16. "Don't let feeling behind today stop you from building the life you want tomorrow." — The Financial Diet
17. "Health is true wealth—and healthcare should not be a financial burden."
18. "I have unlimited opportunities to make more money."
19. "I radiate prosperity."
20. "I deserve financial freedom and security."
21. "I am in control of my financial future."
22. "I am interested in getting paid interest, not paying interest."
23. "The more money I have, the more I can give back to others."
24. "Making small sacrifices now keeps me from having to make bigger sacrifices later."
25. "A penny saved is a penny earned."
26. "Greed actually is not good."
27. "Abundance is on its way."
28. "Everyone deserves a living wage."
29. "There is enough wealth to go around."
30. "I am capable of making money and of making a difference."