Maybe you’re feeling hungry an hour after dinner. Maybe you’re hitting the gym more often. Whatever the reason, you want to add more protein to your diet. You came to the right place: These 30 high-protein meals all have at least 20 grams of the good stuff (and none of them are boring old steak and potatoes).
1. Cast-Iron Pork Chops with Cacao-Spiced Rub (24g protein)
Pork has a reputation for being boring and dry, but these chops are anything but. The easy spice rub is pretty damn versatile too.
2. Chicken Thighs with Pancetta and Green Olives (55g protein)
If you cook your chicken thighs low and slow, you’ll get crispy skin and juicy, tender meat every single time.
3. Alison Roman’s Swordfish with Crushed Olives and Oregano (30g protein)
Know someone who doesn’t like fish? Serve them this 30-minute meal and you’ll totally change their mind.
4. Spicy Lemon-Ginger Chicken Soup (31g protein)
We love this soup for its simplicity, but it’s also totally customizable: Add rice or pasta, or switch out the greens. You’re the chef.
5. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts (31g protein)
Sticky, sweet and spicy? Sign us up. This sheet-pan meal will wow the entire table.
6. Salmon Noodle Bowls with Chili-Yuzu Relish and Pickled Radishes (36g protein)
Make the toppings ahead of time for a meal-prep masterpiece. Just don’t skip the chili-yuzu topping—it’s the best part.
7. Aran Goyoaga’s Niçoise Salad (20g protein)
Everyone should have a classic Niçoise salad recipe to rely on. This one is quick, hearty and easy to scale up or down.
8. Veggie Banh Mi Bowls with Crispy Tofu (23g protein)
Proof that you don’t need meat to make a satisfying, high-protein meal. (Thanks, crispy tofu.)
9. Pan-Seared Scallops with Citrusy Corn Succotash (22g protein)
Scallops feel fancy but they’re surprisingly easy to make. Oh, and they’re nutritious: Three ounces has 20 grams and less than 100 calories.
10. Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas (33g protein)
These enchiladas have a secret: They’re actually zucchini boats stuffed with beans, ground turkey and tons of gooey cheese. Who even needs tortillas?
11. Immune-Boosting Turmeric Golden Milk Daal (30g protein)
Lentils are one of our go-tos for a meatless main that still has tons of protein. This spice-heavy bowl has lots of ginger, cinnamon and garlic for the ultimate comforting meal.
12. Buffalo-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (28g protein)
If we’re being honest, these had us at buffalo. But the make-ahead, meal-prep-friendly aspect seals the deal.
13. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet-Pan Balsamic Chicken with Baby Potatoes and Mushrooms (48g protein)
One-and-done dinners can also be really elegant, like this saucy stunner. Even better, it requires just 15 minutes of prep.
14. Sticky Asian Meatballs with Udon Noodles (33g protein)
If we could eat meatballs every day, we would, and this twist on a classic would definitely be in our rotation.
15. Chicken with Feta Cheese, Dill, Lemon and Harissa Yogurt (56g protein)
Admit it: Chicken dishes can get a little boring. This one is joined by lots of exciting toppings and a harissa yogurt dressing that’s *chef’s kiss*.
16. Meal-Prep Honey Sesame Chicken with Broccolini (31g protein)
That sad salad that never fills us up has no idea what’s coming.
17. Firecracker Chicken with Rice (43g protein)
We’re suckers for a healthyish spin on a takeout favorite. This one takes 35 minutes from start to finish—swoon.
18. Slow-Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup (21g protein)
We left the meat out of our easy version of the Italian soup for a vegetarian-friendly meal that’s still satisfying.
19. Salmon Bowl with Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing (59g protein)
Not only is this bowl bursting with healthy stuff, but it’s also satisfying and full of different textures. Don’t even get us started on the delicious turmeric-tahini dressing.
20. Keto Sheet-Pan Chicken and Rainbow Veggies (31g protein)
Even if you’re not on the keto diet, you’ll appreciate that this one requires practically no thought or dishes. (Plus, it’s a great way to clean out your fridge.)
21. Turmeric White Fish with Peanuts and Chili-Lime Cucumber (25g protein)
When it comes to high-protein meals, fish often gets overlooked in favor of a big, juicy steak. This spicy 45-minute dish is about to change that.
22. 20-Minute Paleo Egg Roll Bowls (21g protein)
Wonton wrappers: Who needs ’em?
23. Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel (41g protein)
The Asian-inspired marinade doubles as a sauce, so you have one less step to worry about.
24. Sheet-Pan Persian Lemon Chicken (43g protein)
With a simple yogurt sauce and not one but two types of potatoes, this dish is making all our meal-prep dreams come true.
25. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry (26g protein)
Make it on a Sunday and reap the rewards (read: leftovers) all week.
26. Zucchini Noodle Pad See Ew (28g protein)
We’re sorry, but as much as you’d like to, you just can’t realistically order Thai takeout every night. This lightened-up dish is the next best thing.
27. Ina Garten’s Updated Chicken Marbella (60g protein)
Even the Barefoot Contessa wants to up her protein game. Luckily, she has this updated classic to get her (and us) there.
28. Vietnamese Shrimp in Coconut Caramel Sauce (21g protein)
Caramel sauce on shrimp? Believe it: The sweet-savory flavor profile is positively mind-blowing.
29. Easy One-Pot Lentil Kielbasa Soup (34g protein)
This one tastes even better if you make it a day ahead of time.
30. Bruschetta Chicken (42g protein)
A dusting of Parmesan makes this low-cal, low-carb skillet taste indulgent even though it’s not. Yep, we’re making it on repeat.