Seafood gets a bad rep among home chefs. Too many of them falsely believe that fish is too hard to cook at home. Well, that’s a huge misconception, as we can attest. Lobster spring rolls? We can whip them up in 15 minutes. Bacon-wrapped cod? Invite the neighbors; it’s not takeout. Seafood bisque? Why, maybe you should go to culinary school. If you dare to make these simple dishes and more, here are 44 easy seafood recipes to try.
1. Bacon-Wrapped Black Cod with Spinach and Capers
Everything is better with bacon, especially fish. The fatty pork keeps the seafood extra moist, flaky and delicious.
2. Baked Sesame-Ginger Salmon In Parchment
The best part of this ridiculously simple recipe? No dishes to do.
3. Moules-Frites (Steamed Mussels and Fries)
Can't hop on a plane to France? Luckily, we have the next best thing.
4. Sous Vide Cranberry-BBQ Salmon
If you haven’t met the sous vide, it’s time to schedule a date. The method makes cooking up Coterie member Liz Harris’s cranberry-barbecue salmon super easy.
5. 20-Minute Pan-Seared Fish with Pomegranate Salsa
This white fish dinner is served in just 20 minutes.
6. Citrus Fish and Avocado Salad
Caviar, avocado mayo and baked fish? You fancy.
7. Shrimp and Pasta Stew
Stew doesn’t need to take all day. Case in point: This shrimp and pasta stew that’s bowl-ready in about 30 minutes.
8. Puff Pastry Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Quiche
Forget bagels. Use smoked salmon in this decadent goat cheese quiche from Coterie member Heidi Larsen for an easy brunch or ladies’ lunch.
9. Taco Tuesday Fish Tacos
The title says it all: Serve these white fish tacos for your next Taco Tuesday...or Wednesday...or Thursday...
10. Sheet-Pan Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
The secret to tender, flaky salmon? Cook it in a foil packet in the oven. (And did we mention it only takes 20 minutes, from start to finish?)
11. Ginger-Almond Baked Salmon Packets with Green Beans
Coterie member Phoebe Lapine knows that wrapping fish in foil for baking is a sure-fire way to keep in all the flavors. It’s a good thing, when those flavors include ginger, almonds and fresh herbs.
12. Simple Seafood Bisque
Serve this seafood bisque for your next dinner party and relish in the compliments. It’s certainly restaurant caliber without being a pro-level recipe. (That means easy!)
13. Crab Artichoke Toasts
Hostesses, listen up: These crab and artichoke toasts are your new go-to party dish.
14. Pan-Fried Cod with Orange and Swiss Chard
We’re proving cooking fish doesn’t have to be tricky or time-consuming.
15. Shrimp, Asparagus and Zucchini Orzo Salad
Eat now or meal prep for the week, but either way, top this shrimp orzo salad with feta.
16. Fresh Lobster Spring Rolls with Easy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Put the team to work filling these lobster spring rolls. It’ll be fun and easy.
17. Steamed Clams
Dip sourdough bread in this creamy clam sauce from Coterie member Heidi Larsen.
18. Lime Ginger Albacore
Is this a dish at a seafood restaurant? No, it’s tuna you’ve whipped up at home.
19. Sheet Pan Miso-Glazed Fish with Broccoli and Coconut Rice
What’s better than recreating your favorite Japanese restaurant’s miso-glazed cod? Why, making it at home on a single sheet pan.
20. Lemon Spaghetti with Tuna and Breadcrumbs
Scrounging around the pantry for dinner? Whip up Coterie member Gaby Dalkin’s canned tuna spaghetti and top it with breadcrumbs.
21. Green Curry Salmon
Spicy Thai flavors, fresh herbs and meaty salmon come together in this coconut milk-based curry.
22. Halibut Ceviche with Mango and Avocado
Coterie member Aida Mollenkamp labels ceviche “beginner” and here’s why: It’s about assembling great ingredients rather than cooking them. We’d definitely call that an easy dinner.
23. Cashew Shrimp and Mango Stir-Fry
Warm cashews add crunch to this sweet and sour shrimp stir-fry.
24. Grilled Clams with Charred Jalapeno Basil Butter
This charred jalapeño butter with basil is everything.
25. Sheet-Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp
Believe it or not, this juicy, flavorful shrimp is ready to eat in eight minutes. (And your family will devour it just as quickly.)
26. Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet
Low carb, delicious and great for meal prep.
27. Crispy Salmon and Avocado Salsa Bowls With Cilantro Sauce
Fab for lunch or dinner.
28. Rosemary Citrus One Pan Baked Salmon
Best of all, it’s Paleo- and Whole30-friendly.
29. Vietnamese Noodle Salad With Shrimp
Fish sauce adds savory flavor.
30. 15-Minute Mediterranean Couscous With Tuna And Pepperoncini
Added bonus: The leftovers pack up fabulously for an easy workday lunch.
31. Yummy Salmon Burgers With Slaw
Crispy on the outside, flaky and tender on the inside.
32. Parmesan Pesto Tilapia
We’d eat anything if it was covered in pesto and fresh tomatoes. This simple recipe is officially in our weeknight rotation.
33. Quick Grilled Fish Tacos With Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw
Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes? Sign. Us. Up.
34. Lemon Butter Tilapia
This fish doused in lemon, butter and fresh herbs is so clean and tasty, it will be hard not to crave all the time once you master the basic recipe.
35. Spicy Brown Rice Seared Tuna Bowl
Making sushi may be slightly above your skill level (you can get there!), but this simple seared tuna is a breeze to replicate.
36. 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Caprese Skewers
These kebabs are just as fun to eat as they are to make. Plus, the hands-on assembly is fabulous for kids or guests who want to help out.
37. Shrimp Cobb Salad
Your chicken Caesar can’t even compare.
38. Old Bay Shrimp And Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe is super easy; all you have to do is toss the shallots, shrimp, asparagus and sausage together with seasoning and put it in the oven.
39. Garlic Basil Barramundi Skillet With Tomato Butter Sauce
We’re obsessed with this sustainable, flaky white fish.
40. SHEET PAN PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON WITH GLAZED CARROTS
Proving a gourmet dinner doesn’t have to require a ton of work.
41. Easy Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia With Mayo
OK, seafood is an acquired taste (especially with young kids). But the whole gang will love these fillets, thanks to a crunchy Parmesan crust. Guaranteed.
42. Shrimp Fajitas
Coterie member Gaby Dalkin knows that fajitas are always an easy dinner. For these, just add frozen shrimp—and a margarita.
43. Zucchini Noodles With Clams
Zoodles should be their own food group.
44. Scallop Ceviche
Thought ceviche was only for the Peruvian chefs? Think again. Coterie member Katie Workman give us a simple recipe.