Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
There are a few things that make a dress a so-called “vacation dress.” For one, it shouldn’t take up too much room in your suitcase, and when you do fold it up, it shouldn’t get overly wrinkly. Who wants to spend their mornings steaming outfits rather than having mimosas by the pool? Hopefully no one.
Vacation dresses should also feel comfortable, so you can spend less time worrying about your look and more time enjoying the sun.
And finally, vacation dresses should also look and feel as fun as your destination. This is your time to shine! Don’t be afraid to go with bold colors, patterns or try a new trend.
This summer in particular, crochet, cutouts, florals and exercise dresses are filling up the racks at stores. Below, check out 20 vacation dresses categorized by each trend and save room in your suitcase for at least a few.
Trend: Crochet and Knit Dresses
This isn’t your grandmother’s crochet! Chunky, open knit dresses are all the rage this summer. The fact that they don’t wrinkle after being packed in a suitcase is a major plus.
2. Fore Cut Out Knit Mini Dress, $102.40 (Orig. $128)
3. Banana Republic Crochet Mini Dress, $140
Trend: Cutouts and Two-Piece Dresses
Showing a little extra skin is always acceptable when you’re on vacation, and you can do it in a more stylish way with cutouts and crop tops. These dresses feature perfectly placed cutouts around the midriff and back, or pair a crop top with a skirt in an effortless two-piece set.
6. L*SPACE Naomi Dress, $139
7. Fore Bikini Top Maxi Dress, $98
8. Fore Cut Out Midi Dress, $78
10. Free People The Bailey Dress, $218
Trend: Bold Prints and Patterned Dresses
Listen up: Vacation is the perfect time to go out of your comfort zone and stand out with your looks. You’ll likely never see any of the people at the resort again, so why not try something new? Go big and bold with bright colors, fun patterns and classic florals.
11. Abercrombie & Fitch Halter Linen-Blend Mini Dress, $45 (Orig. $60)
12. Reformation Twilight Dress, $278
14. Abercrombie & Fitch Button-Through Maxi Dress, $75 (Orig. $100)
15. Draper James June Dress in Monstera Floral, $130 (Orig. $195)
Trend: Exercise Dresses
Even if you don’t plan on working out while you’re away, exercise dresses are great for trips. For one, they’re usually made with sweat-wicking fabrics that hardly wrinkle, but they also have shorts attached underneath. Wear one to go zip-lining, on a hike, through the local markets, to a theme park — wherever.
16. Abercrombie & Fitch Traveler Mini Dress, $52.50 (Orig. $70)
17. Outdoor Voices The Exercise Dress, $100
18. Nike Bliss Luxe Training Dress, $90
19. Alosoft Courtside Tennis Dress, $108
If you liked this article, check out seven of the very best straw hats to protect your face this summer.
The post 20 vacation dresses that are easy to pack and fun to wear appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know: