Do you know what season it is? Pomegranate season! Often overshadowed in the fall by butternut squash, cranberries and pumpkin spice lattes, this juicy fruit offers plenty of flavor for everything from salads and sides to red meat. Whether you want to try a pomegranate juice smoothie for your weekday breakfast or drop pomegranate arils on lamb chops for date night, here are 20 pomegranate recipes to eat all month.
1. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
Persian cuisine has given us the magical combination of pomegranate and lamb. Try this recipe, which includes a maple glaze and grills up in just eight minutes.
2. Avocado Toast with Persimmon, Pomegranate and Fennel
Not that we can ever get bored of avocado toast, but we love this cozy weather spin from Liz Harris. It adds persimmons and pomegranate—totally Insta-worthy too!
3. Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Candied Pecans
How to dress up Brussels sprouts, thanks to Maria Lichty: top with candied pecans and colorful pomegranate seeds.
4. Pan-Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
Sweet and tangy, plus a kick—that’s how we describe this pomegranate-glazed salmon.
5. Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pomegranate
Impress your houseguests by pulling out this baked Brie appetizer. Pomegranate and cranberries make for the most festive topping.
6. Salsa Verde Lentil Tacos with Mango-Pomegranate Pico
Until we tried this dish from Monique Volz, we never thought about pomegranate in tacos.
7. Skillet Steak, Caramelized Potato Gratin and Kale Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Pomegranate juice adds a tangy touch to a simple kale salad and skillet steak. It really dresses up dinner—no pun intended.
8. Beet, Carrot and Pomegranate Salad
Don’t you just love how beets and pomegranate make any ordinary dish look extraordinary? That’s how we feel about this beet, carrot and pomegranate salad from Heidi Larsen.
9. Pomegranate Banana Beauty Booster Smoothie
Breakfast smoothie fans: Add pomegranate for an antioxidant boost. The fruit has three times as many antioxidants as green tea. (Thanks for the inspo, Carlene Thomas.)
10. Maple Roasted Squash Salad
This roasted squash salad—with pomegranate seeds and pepitas—just may be the ultimate autumn side dish.
11. Thai Pomegranate Chicken Khao Soi Noodle Soup
Pomegranate may not be traditional in Thai food, but we’re here for it: Try adding pomegranate arils for a fresh bite in this chicken noodle soup.
12. Baked Cauliflower with Pomegranate Seeds and Thyme
Head to the herb garden, because you’ll want everything from rosemary to sage for this baked cauliflower dish that’s covered in pomegranate seeds.
13. 20-Minute Pan-Seared Fish with Pomegranate Salsa
One cup of pomegranate arils gives a burst of flavor to any white fish for a speedy 20-minute seafood dinner.
14. Pear, Cranberry, and Brie Mini Tartlets
Hostesses, listen up: It’s all about the pomegranate seed garnish on these bite-sized cheese tarts from Aida Mollenkamp.
15. Lamb Chops with Crispy Shallots and Pomegranate Sauce
A five-ingredient pomegranate sauce really brings these herbed lamb chops alive. Don’t forget the crispy shallots too.
16. Maple Balsamic-Glazed Scallops with Pomegranate
Scallops love to soak up sauce, so smother them in maple syrup and pomegranate seeds for a new fall favorite.
17. Winter Cheese Board
Consider adding pomegranate to dress up your cheese board. We did, and we’ll never go back.
18. Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Salad
How can you go wrong with a salad that features pomegranate seeds, Parmesan cheese, cooked farro, hazelnuts, and Dijon vinaigrette?
19. Harissa Sweet Potato Latkes with Spiced Yogurt, Mint and Pomegranate
You’ll be eating these well after the high holidays: sweet potato latkes with harissa, spiced yogurt, fresh mint, and a beautiful pomegranate topping.
20. Chicken Kawarma with Lemon Sauce over Hummus
Katie Workman says this chicken kawarma dish does a “happy dance in your mouth” and we’ll attribute it to the pomegranate seed topping.