Butternut squash, cranberries and pumpkin spice lattes may get all the attention this time of year, but we're making a case for rebranding fall as pomegranate season. This juicy fruit adds plenty of flavor to everything from salads and sides to meat. Whether you want to try a pomegranate juice smoothie for your weekday breakfast or sprinkle pomegranate arils on lamb chops for date night, here are 41 pomegranate recipes to eat all month.
1. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
Persian cuisine has given us the magical combination of pomegranate and lamb. Try this recipe, which includes a maple glaze and grills up in just eight minutes.
2. Avocado Toast with Persimmon, Pomegranate and Fennel
Can you say Instaworthy?
3. Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pomegranate
Impress your houseguests by pulling out this baked Brie appetizer. Pomegranate and cranberries are super festive, and it'll only take 40 minutes for the cheese to turn melted and dippable.
4. Salsa Verde Lentil Tacos with Mango-Pomegranate Pico
Until we tried this dish from Monique Volz, we never thought about pomegranate in tacos.
5. Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Candied Pecans
How to dress up Brussels sprouts, Maria Lichty style: Top them with candied pecans and lots of vibrant pomegranate arils.
6. Pan-Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
Sweet and tangy with a kick from sweet chili sauce and red pepper flakes.
7. Skillet Steak, Caramelized Potato Gratin and Kale Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Pomegranate juice adds a tangy touch to a simple side salad and meaty main.
8. Beet, Carrot and Pomegranate Salad
Don’t you just love how multicolored beets and carrots make any ordinary dish look extraordinary? Thanks for the tip, Heidi Larsen.
9. Pomegranate Banana Beauty Booster Smoothie
Add pomegranate to your breakfast for an antioxidant boost. The fruit has three times as many as green tea. (Props to Carlene Thomas for the inspo.)
10. Maple Roasted Squash Salad
This squash salad with pomegranate seeds and pepitas just might be the ultimate autumn side dish.
11. Thai Pomegranate Chicken Khao Soi Noodle Soup
Pomegranate may not be traditional in Thai food, but we’re here for this pretty bowl of warm and cozy.
12. Baked Cauliflower with Pomegranate Seeds and Thyme
13. 20-Minute Pan-Seared Fish with Pomegranate Salsa
One cup of pomegranate arils gives a burst of flavor to any white fish for a speedy 20-minute seafood dinner.
14. Pear, Cranberry, and Brie Mini Tartlets
Hostesses, listen up: It’s all about the pomegranate seed garnish on these bite-sized cheese tarts from Aida Mollenkamp.
15. Lamb Chops with Crispy Shallots and Pomegranate Sauce
The five-ingredient pomegranate sauce really brings these herbed lamb chops to life.
16. Maple Balsamic-Glazed Scallops with Pomegranate
Scallops love to soak up sauce, so smother them in maple syrup and pomegranate seeds for a new sweet-and-savory fall favorite.
17. Winter Cheese Board
Consider adding pomegranate to dress up your cheese board. We did, and we’ll never go back.
18. Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Salad
How can you go wrong with a salad that features pomegranate seeds, Parmesan cheese, farro, hazelnuts and Dijon vinaigrette?
19. Harissa Sweet Potato Latkes with Spiced Yogurt, Mint and Pomegranate
Bet you've never seen these at Hanukkah dinner.
20. Chicken Kawarma with Lemon Sauce over Hummus
Katie Workman says this chicken kawarma dish does a “happy dance in your mouth.” We're ready for it.
21. Pear Salad with Creamy Pomegranate Dressing
Pomegranate juice and cherry-pomegranate Greek yogurt are key to the creamy dressing.
22. Pomegranate-Orange Muffins
Is it just us or are these beauties destined for Christmas morning?
23. Sheet-Pan Sticky Pomegranate Chicken and Honey-Roasted Squash
Complete with a side of coconut basmati rice.
24. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
Save some leftovers for work tomorrow: Everyone will be jealous come lunchtime.
25. Roasted Pomegranate Salmon
The marinade's loaded with miso paste, maple syrup and pomegranate molasses. Between that and the braised fennel, this is one fancy 30-minute dinner.
26. Pomegranate Roasted Carrots with Feta and Brown Butter
The best kind of vegetables are those soaked in butter and sprinkled with cheese, obvi.
27. Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs
28. Yotam Ottolenghi's Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Pistachio Salad
The recipe calls for roasted and raw grated cauliflower, a crisp, refreshing combination you'll crave again and again.
29. Pomegranate Cider Pork Loin Roast with Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
30. Cauliflower Stuffing with Pomegranate Seeds and Almonds
Traditional stuffing stars bread, which won't go over so well with your gluten-free guests. This veggie stuffing on the other hand...
31. Pomegranate-Sumac Chicken with Roasted Carrots
Your trusty sheet pan (and a generous glug of pomegranate molasses) make this masterpiece possible.
32. Pear and Pomegranate Tacos
The five-ingredient salsa is citrusy, refreshing and oh so wintry.
33. Sheet-Pan Persian Lemon Chicken
Make this 50-minute meal on a Monday and store the leftovers in the fridge: Just like that, you'll have lunch for the rest of the week.
34. Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
Don't remove the squash's striped skin. It turns really crispy when roasted and is totally edible.
35. Sweet and Sticky Pomegranate Chicken
Sweet chili sauce gives the glaze just the right amount of heat.
36. Herbed Kale Salad with Persimmon, Pomegranate and Maple-Cumin Dressing
The goat cheese is technically optional...but we can't think of a good reason to skip it.
37. Buddha Bowl with Kale, Avocado, Orange and Wild Rice
A Buddha bowl is basically a grain bowl piled high to the brim with fresh ingredients you love, like pumpkin seeds, hard-boiled eggs and pomegranate arils.
38. Dorie Greenspan's Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges
Marinated in pomegranate molasses and dusted with herbaceous za'atar.
39. Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
We know what you're bringing to the holiday cookie swap this year.
40. Pomegranate Vanilla Cobbler
Use frozen berries of your choice in the dough and top it all off with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream.
41. Salted Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Tart
Any dessert that starts with a pack of Oreos and melted butter is one we can get behind.