Whether it’s a house party, dinner party, or movie night, we love hosting our friends for a night in. But with hosting comes that age-old dilemma — where is everyone going to sit? The days of lounging on the bare floor are behind you. If you’re in need of some grown-up seating without all the space and cost of traditional chairs, a comfy pouf or ottoman can be an elegant and affordable solution. Hey, when the party’s over, you can easily stack cushions for storage, keep them around for decoration, or set your feet up after a long day. Here’s a stylish selection of floor seating options.
1. Serape Stripe Floor Pillow ($89, Urban Outfitters): This sun-washed-looking pillow looks just “lived in” enough to make your guests feel right at home.
2. Store Indya Square Floor Pillow ($40, Amazon): For all the folks who love sitting crisscross applesauce for extensive periods of time, this floor cushion with pink piping will do the trick.
3. Grimes Ottoman ($84, Wayfair): This colorful, chunky knit pouf adds a pop of color to any room.
4. Amya Velvet Pillow Pouf ($89, Urban Outfitters): Any room looks 10 times more elegant with velvet floor pillows.
5. Flamant Joline Square Pouf ($147, Amazon): When you’re not using this subtly patterned ottoman for sitting or foot relief, your cat will love to curl up on top of it.
6. Mermaid Reversible Sequin Pillow Pouf ($69, Urban Outfitters): Give your room a little extra glam with this pouf covered in mermaid sequins. Your guest won’t be able to resist touching it.
7. Shag Puff Floor Pillow ($128, Anthropologie): Sometimes all you need is a little fuzzy comfort while you’re lounging on the floor.
8. Bungalow Rose Colona Ottoman ($100, Wayfair): This shaggy ottoman with sequin accents adds a touch of bohemian style to your room.
9. Marcona Pillow ($68+, Anthropologie): This pillow comes in different sizes so you can mix and match!
10. Signature Design by Ashley Absalom Pouf ($60, Amazon): This neutral colored ottoman is also handmade. Plus, if you’re an Amazon Prime member, chances are you can grab this pouf on sale.
11. Ore International Mid-Century Foot Stool ($70, Target): Mid-century style is the essence of classic cool. This structured ottoman would be a welcome accent in any living room.
12. Convenience Concepts Round Ottoman ($66, Amazon): Not only does this tufted, neutral ottoman provide a seat for you or a guest, but it also offers storage for magazines, nail polish, blankets, or whatever else might need to be tucked away while your guests are over.
13. LumiSource Faux Leather Pouf Round Ottoman ($100, Target): Not every pouf needs to feel like a pillow. This ottoman has legs to feel like a traditional chair. And it’s made with silver faux leather for a little glam.
14. Handle Ottoman ($129, Urban Outfitters): This minimal ottoman comes with a handle so it can easily go from room to room.
15. Signature Design by Ashley Chevron Pouf ($76, Amazon): We love the idea of placing this denim ottoman in a room of dark blue hues like navy, cerulean, and deep teal.
16. Meze Floor Pillow ($128, Anthropologie): This beautifully printed pillow will keep your guests comfy while making your room look great.
17. Bridgewood 3M Scotchgard Outdoor Ottoman ($68, Wayfair): Got a tropical vibe inside your living room? Grab a pouf that actually matches your houseplants.
18. Dotcom Wood Ottoman ($75, Wayfair): Add some rustic charm to your living room or sunroom.
If you’re inspired to add comfort to *all* of your rooms, check out Pinterest for more seating inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.