1. He might be a songwriter. With the latest release of Taylor Swift's new album, Folklore, fans have been hard at work at figuring out hidden clues and meanings through out her lyrics. However, there's one secret that seems to be in her album credits.
According to Twitter user, @taylowkey13, there's a good chance that songwriter William Bowery is actually Joe.
"WILLIAM BOWERY theory
on oct 2016, taylor (w her squad) & alwyn were spotted in BOWERY hotel. (smth special mustve happened here, that's why she used d name "BOWERY" i guess?) WILLIAM alwyn is literally joe alwyns great-grandpa. he was was composer, conductor, and music teacher," they wrote.
WILLIAM BOWERY theory
on oct 2016, taylor (w her squad) & alwyn were spotted in BOWERY hotel. (smth special mustve happened here, that's why she used d name "BOWERY" i guess?)
WILLIAM alwyn is literally joe alwyns great-grandpa. he was was composer, conductor, and music teacher pic.twitter.com/pDOaBieGgL
— a folkWHORE (@taylowkey13) July 23, 2020
While the couple haven't confirmed the rumors just yet, it totally looks like it's possible.
2. He's a British actor. Joe grew up in London and has a degree in acting from the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama.
3. But his career is just taking off. He starred in two student productions before landing his first-ever movie role — a starring role! — in the 2016 war drama Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk. He had a supporting role in a drama called The Sense of an Ending earlier this year, and he has two movies slated for 2018: The Favourite, an 18th-century English period flick starring Emma Stone and Nicholas Hoult, and Mary Queen of Scots, another period film about the 16th-century Scottish royal.
4. His former classmate has some, uh, interesting thoughts about him. "He's very charismatic, he's what I refer to as a quintessential panty-dropper," his old schoolmate Jordan Bunton-Williams told the Daily Mail. "Your classic prince charming."
5. He modeled alongside Gigi Hadid in Vogue last year. Before he even met Taylor, funnily enough.
— Lola Gazillo (@LolaGazillo) October 8, 2016
6. He starred in a movie with Kristen Stewart. Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, in which Joe stars as a 19-year-old Iraq War veteran brought home on a victory tour after a deadly battle, also stars the Twilight alum as Billy's sister Kathryn.
7. He's 29. Which makes him "younger than my exes," per the "... Ready For It?" lyric. But as the second half of the line notes, age is just a number to Taylor. "He acts like a man, so," she finishes in a sing-songy tone.
8. He's a Pisces. Born February 21, 1991. FYI: Pisces/Sagittarius compatibility is a mixed bag — it's not the most amazing match, but not necessarily a doomed one, either.
9. He's quarantining with Tay. While he previously lived with his mom, Elizabeth, an author, writer, and therapist and his dad, Richard, a documentary filmmaker, he's been spending quarantine with his GF. He even has the cutest cat photos to prove it, which he posted back in April.
10. He still lives with his parents. And he was at home when he found out about the life-changing Billy Lynn role. "I texted my mum and dad in their room, 'I got it,'" he told the Evening Standard.
11. He's randomly friends with Aaron Paul. Like, the actor from Breaking Bad. How? I have no clue. But look!
12. He has a habit of falling asleep on buses. In that same Vanity Fair interview, he explained his go-to take-out cuisine is Indian, his favorite rapper is Eminem, and his most overused emoji is 💃🏽.
13. News broke that Taylor and Joe were a couple in May 2017. But they likely began dating months before that. (Taylor was spotted at a Billy Lynn screening with the Haim sisters in November.) "This isn't a new couple alert or a secret relationship – the only people this has been a secret to is the media because all of us, Taylor and Joe's closest friends and their families, were aware they have been together for several months and have known each other for a longtime," a source told The Sun in May 2017." After her 1989 tour and all the attention Taylor received, she learned she had to be more protective of her personal life and she and Joe decided early on to keep their private life private."
14. Emma Stone reportedly introduced Taylor and Joe. Like I said, Emma and Joe are co-stars. She thought Joe was a good guy and introduced him to Taylor.
15. He met her parents. Taylor took him home to Nashville in June 2017!
16. And there's a lot of evidence that he inspired her new song "... Ready For It?" Here ya go, Swiftie sleuths.
You Might Also Like