There are a few feelings that conjure up the feeling of summer like nothing else: the scent of a freshly cut lawn; the sound of waves crashing on the ocean; the taste of strawberry rhubarb pie. There’s something about those sunsweet strawberries paired with tart, slightly sour rhubarb that bring a smile to our face any time of year, but especially when the farmer’s markets are overloaded with fresh produce. Whether you like baking, drinking, or putting up jam for the long winter, there’s a recipe here for you.
1. Strawberry rhubarb basil balsamic pie
You’ve got to make strawberry rhubarb pie at least once a season, but you can switch things up a little with the addition of basil and balsamic vinegar.
More from SheKnows
- McDonald's New The Lion King Happy Meal May Just Win You a Free Trip to Disney
- Grilled Pizza Is the Underrated Summer Dinner Your Kids Will Love
- Cancel Your Dinner Plans Because You Can Get a Stack of Pancakes at IHOP Today For 58 Cents
2. Strawberry rhubarb layer cake
Master a classic sponge cake, with layers of light white cake, strawberry rhubarb jam, and streusel, all coated with a layer of silky jam buttercream. Mary Berry would be proud!
3. Frozen strawberry rhubarb margaritas
Tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries are blended with ice, tequila, and lime to make a batch of unforgettable margaritas.
4. Strawberry lime rhubarb slab pie
If you’re feeding a crowd, super-size dessert and make a strawberry, lime, and rhubarb slab pie.
5. Strawberry rhubarb ricotta skillet buckle
Swirled with ricotta, strawberries, and rhubarb, this moist skillet cake is covered in a nutty, toasted, sweet olive oil crumble.
6. Vegan strawberry rhubarb muffins
Moist but fluffy, tart but sweet, strawberry rhubarb muffins make it easy to wake up in the morning.
7. Strawberry rhubarb shortbread bars
This dessert has layers of flavor – literally. A buttery shortbread crust supports a sticky strawberry rhubarb filling that’s finished with an oat crumb topping that gets crisp and golden in the oven.
8. Strawberry rhubarb mojitos
When it’s hot out, you don’t want dessert to be too heavy. Skip the traditional sweets and whip up a batch of refreshing strawberry rhubarb mojitos instead.
9. Strawberry rhubarb jam
Preserve your favorite flavors in a batch of jam. Water bath or pressure can it so you can keep it in the cupboard, or freeze some and thaw it in the winter for a taste of summer sun.
10. Gluten-free strawberry rhubarb crisp
This crisp uses gluten-free oats and almond flour for the buttery morsels on top of the bubbling strawberry-rhubarb filling below.
11. Strawberry rhubarb custard tart
Somewhere between a cakey custard and a super creamy cake (think clafoutis), this strawberry rhubarb tart can be enjoyed for breakfast, afternoon tea, or dessert (just add ice cream).
12. Strawberry rhubarb barley scones
Rich, nutty barley flour makes these scones extra hearty, perfect for mornings when you wake up hungry.
13. Roasted strawberry rhubarb crepes
What could possible make strawberry rhubarb crepes more delicious? Try adding chocolate hazelnut spread to the middle, and then we’ll talk.
14. Strawberry rhubarb shortcakes
Dare we say that the traditional strawberry shortcake is a little *too* sweet for our liking? Thankfully, a dose of tart rhubarb brings a little life back to each bite.