We tidy freaks have it rough. People who don’t understand the need to clean label us anxious. They don’t understand we have to live in a world where mess makes us feel chaotic on the inside and super uneasy in many surroundings. Keep our distress next time you walk away from a sink full of dirty dishes, please.
1. A friend pops by unannounced and suddenly every little thing out of place becomes overwhelmingly obvious.
2. You find it impossible to concentrate when there’s mess around you.
3. Cupboards of doom are not okay.
4. Scenes like this bring you deep joy:
Lovely lovely order.
5. Scenes like this are like pouring molten lava in your eyes (what kind of monster…?):
6. You make your bed every morning even if you’re in a hotel because that’s how sane people live.
7. Messy housemates are a constant bone of contention?
8. The best part of throwing a house party is cleaning up after everyone’s gone.
9. Other peoples mess secretly fills you with horror (and super judgey thoughts).
10. A clean house makes the world feel like a safer place.
11. Documentaries and news stories about hoarders give you panic attacks.
12. You usually sit down to a cold dinner because you can’t cope in a messy kitchen and need to do the dishes before you can relax and eat.
13. Junk on the dining table makes you want to pull your hair out. It’s not a desk. Why are people using it as a desk?!