Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Every woman knows that when you want to look put-together with minimal effort, you throw a dress on. Whether you go with a flowing maxi style or a body-con option, a dress can easily turn your casual look up a few notches. Combine that dress with a pair of heels, jewelry and a fun purse, and you’ve got a great look that was pulled together in just a few minutes.
For most of the year, a little black dress does the trick, but during the summer months, our color palette lightens up a bit and we start to reach for our LWDs, aka little white dresses.
Now, if you’ve always thought that LWDs feel too plain or even too bridal, I have a feeling that you just haven’t found the right one (though I would not recommend wearing this style to a bridal event that isn’t your own). There are a ton of materials and details that can make your white dress stand out, from eyelet and linen to embroidered fabric. For example, I love a fun back design or an unexpected cut-out to keep my LWD from feeling too juvenile.
A white dress also looks gorgeous on every skin tone and seems to just scream “it’s finally summer,” especially when paired with a tan. So if you’re in need of a fresh LWD, keep scrolling to shop 13 of our favorites from brands like Lulu’s, BCBGeneration and Boohoo.
2. BCBGeneration Ruffled Cocktail Dress, $138
3. Boohoo Plus Broderie Anglaise Shift Dress, $20 (Orig. $50)
4. The Line by K Coki Mini Shirt Dress, $196 (Orig. $245)
5. Moon River Babydoll Dress, $136
6. Speechless Lace Skater Dress, $35.40 (Orig. $59)
8. Majorelle Birdie Mini Dress, $148
9. 1. STATE Lace-Detail A-Line Dress, $139
10. English Factory Lace Trim Dress, $80
11. Leith Ruched Body-Con Tank Dress, $39.90 (Orig. $56)
12. LPA Jaxton Dress, $178
13. Bianca White Faux Wrap Belted Mini Dress, $129
If you liked this article, you might like to read about one of the hottest new shoe trends: tie-dye slides.
More from In The Know:
The post 13 little white dresses you’ll live in this summer appeared first on In The Know.