Believe it or not, prom season is in full swing. You’re going to be taking lots of pics leading up to the big dance and on prom night. From dressing room try-on seshes with your besties to sneak peeks of the décor to getting-ready pics and all the photos from the actual prom, you’re going to be posting a lot. But who has time to come up with witty captions to go with all that content? If you’re looking for some clever caption ideas or just want to psych yourself up for the big dance, check out these cute and funny prom quotes.
1. "I was destined to be collecting corsages from every boy in town before prom, accepting such floral offerings like competing sacrifices to a Delphic goddess." — Elizabeth Wurtzel
2. "Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress." –Kiera Cass
3. "Don't try to stand out that much for prom. Be yourself." — Lele Pons
4. "I was fascinated by my own prom pictures." — Mary Ellen Mark
5. "I'm a nerd. A geek. I never went to homecoming or prom or anything." —Hunter Hayes
6. "All I can remember is cameras flashing from every direction, and feeling like a movie star.” — Shelley Tunstalle
7. "I think that the different styles of prom dresses goes along with the strength, confidence and maturity of young women today. They realize that they don't have to wear a ball gown. ... they can wear something that better reflects their lives." — Elizabeth Morgan
8. "I am the view." — Kourtney Kardashian
9. "I think prom is just about enjoying yourself." — Victoria Justice
Song Lyrics Quotes
10. "I'm little but I'm coming for the crown." — Lorde "Still Sane"
11. "If I was you, I'd wanna be me too." — Meghan Trainor
12. "If you don't dance make sure you got the rhythm. Make sure that your heartbeat beats with the rhythm." — Rihanna "Dance In the Dark"
13. "I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic. When I pose they scream and when I joke they laugh." — Olivia Olson "Haven't You Noticed I'm a Star"
14. "Every time you walk in the room you got all eyes on you..." 5 Seconds of Summer — "Don't Stop"
15. "Oh we gotta turn up the crazy, livin' like a washed up celebrity, shooting fireworks like it's the fourth of July until we feel all right." — Panic! at the Disco "Victorious"
16. "The night is still young and so are we." — Nicki Minaj "The Night is Still Young"
17. "I'd be the prom queen if crying was a contest." — mxmtoon "Prom Dress"
18. "My moves will be so hot, you'll have to stand under a fan." —Hellogoodbye "Jesse Buy Nothing... Go To Prom Anyways"
19. "We gonna party like it's 3012 tonight." — Justin Bieber "Beauty and a Beat"
20. "But now the prom queen is crying outside of my door. See you never know how everything could turn around." —Lil' Wayne, "Prom Queen"
21. "Head in the clouds, got no weight on my shoulders." — Ariana Grande "Problem"
22. "I don't ask the mirror, I know I'm the fairest." — Little Mix "Down & Dirty"
Cute Prom Quotes From Movies
23. "You don't know how long I've waited for you." — Edward, Twilight (2008)
24. "My prom is wherever you are." — Troy High School Musical 3
25. "The prom is like the Olympics of high school. You wait four years, three people have a good time and everybody else gets to live on with shattered dreams." — Lloyd, Prom (2011)
26. "Andie, hon. Listen, it's after 7:00. Don't waste good lip gloss." — Iona Pretty in Pink (1986)
27. "I think everybody looks like royalty tonight. Look at Jessica Lopez. That dress is amazing. And Emma Gerber, I mean, that hairdo must have taken hours, and you look really pretty." —Cady, Mean Girls (2003)
28. "Who would go to that antiquated dating ritual?" —Kat, 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
29. Donna: "Why do you care? What do you get? A bouquet of roses and a tacky tiara you can only wear to proms?"
Lisa: "It's not about what you get. It's like, it's about the honor, you know. It's about the respect of my peers." —Prom Night, (2008)
30. "My mother was prom queen in '71, my cousin — prom queen in '82, and my sister would have been prom queen in '94 if it wasn't for that scam on the Conway Bed tour bus, okay? I am a goddamn legacy all right?" —Taylor, She's All That (1999)
31. Gibby: "What is the one thing that could ruin my senior prom?"
Kristin: "That you would trip on your barbie heels and I'd be named prom queen... Did I just say that out loud?" — Never Been Kissed, (1999)
TV Show Prom Quotes
32. "Oh, God, Steven, this is beautiful. You know, this whole experience has taught me that I don't need Michael to go to the Prom. I can go with anyone, even you. Thanks." — Jackie, That '70s Show
33. "Every song I download has to pass a series of rigorous tests to answer one simple question: is it a banger?" — Tom "Prom" Parks and Recreation
34. "Next to my wedding, my prom dress will be the most important gown I ever wear." — Rachel, "Prom-asaurus" in Glee
35. "We don't do prom queen. That's for suburban schools and the lame teen comedies set at them." — Blair, Gossip Girl
Book Prom Quotes
36. "A prom, I told him, had a boundless supply of photogenic bozos who could be counted on to do something base." ― Thwonk by Joan Bauer
37. “I’m not sure I want to go to prom. I’m not sure I want to share you with anyone.” ― Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
38. "'Maybe we'll have vampire prom.' He shot me an appalled look. 'What is this, Twilight?'"
― Vampire's Kiss by Veronica Wolff
39. "Getting you a date to prom is so hard that the hypothetical idea itself is actually used to cut diamonds." —Paper Towns by John Green
You Might Also Like