There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, even when it comes to long-standing couples like Beyoncé and Jay-Z.
Even in the most healthy and compatible relationships, certain pet peeves exist because...well, we're human. We all have good, bad, and annoying bits.
1. Case in point, Ben Affleck and J.Lo. When asked on The Drew Barrymore Show what irks Jennifer about him, Ben actually had an answer. A lack of "brevity," he admitted.
While he said she never said this to him outright, if he were to take a guess, this would be it. "She would probably want to cultivate brevity in the way I speak," guessed Ben. "I don't know if you've noticed, but I go on and on and on. I talk in circles."
Ben’s pet peeve about J.Lo was very different. "Jennifer just eats whatever she wants. Whatever she wants. She eats cookies, ice cream, everything," he said to Drew. "She works out. I work out too, but I don't magically appear to be 20 years old, you know what I mean?"
2. This one was an unexpected one. If you can believe it, Beyoncé revealed in an interview with Ebony viaExtra, "I'm a little messy." Gasp.
While in the public eye, Bey revealed she likes to keep it together, but when she gets home, all she wants to do is the opposite: "I rebel against it, and I don't want to take care of anything. I drop it. I'm relaxed. I don't have any shoes on. No makeup. My shoes are left at the door. My purse is in the kitchen. I think that is the most difficult thing for him — he's very, very organized."
3. Chris Hemsworth shared that his ability to lose track of time, especially when it comes to surfing or staying out a little too late, gets on his wife Elsa Pataky’s nerves, he told news.com.au. But when asked to pinpoint what annoyed him about Elsa, Chris wisened up. "Well, if she's reading this, nothing annoys me about her! I gotta make sure there is a place for me in the bed when I get back home," he said, laughing. "I can be pretty damn stubborn — so can she, which is probably where we tend to butt heads occasionally," he said of their 13-year marriage.
4. Newlyweds Nicola and Brooklyn Peltz Beckham normally share nothing but sweet musings via their Instagram captions, but they also shared their pet peeves in an interview with GQ. Nicola talked about Brooklyn’s habits of chewing ice, biting his nails, and leaving face towels everywhere, while Brooklyn said he’s not a fan of when Nicola leaves her products everywhere on the bathroom sink — or when she chews with her mouth open.
5. For Cardi B, her pet peeve about Offset is a very practical one. “When he buys food and he don’t eat it,” she shared in an Apple Music interview. “I’m a person that sees … the spending.”
6. During the pandemic, Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick had to set new rules even after 30-plus years of marriage, like wearing pants around the house and making the bed every day. Kyra said on Jimmy Kimmel Live, "I want him to do things that he wouldn't normally necessarily do, and it turns out that I'm always right about those things." In fact, they found rat poop in their unmade bed one day, and since then, she said, "We will never, ever forget to make that bed for the rest of our lives."
7. Megan Fox’s general pet peeve is the sound of chewing — so it’s not a surprise that she told GQ she doesn’t like it when Machine Gun Kelly talks in her ear while eating or chewing.
8. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have always been honest — sometimes too honest — about the ups and downs of marriage. Kristen once shared on Instagram that her habit of leaving toilet paper on the toilet seat particularly irks her husband. “Peeing is such a waste of time," Kristen explained in her Instagram post. "So when I’m in there, I’m just looking to get off [the toilet] as quickly as possible and wrap it up." She added, "It's dark in here!"
9. As one of the most successful couples in the Love Is Blind universe, Cameron Hamilton and Lauren Speed-Hamilton might attribute airing out their pet peeves early on in their marriage to their success. In Season 1, the two asked each other what their pet peeves were, and one peeve in particular sparked a larger conversation. Lauren drew a hard line about sharing toothbrushes. "Even though I love you, don't use my toothbrush," she said of her toothbrush boundaries. When she asked Cameron for his thoughts, he answered, "I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm not going to do it." In return, when she asked what were some of his pet peeves, he deadpanned, "Not being able to use your toothbrush."
10. Considering that John Legend's career takes him around the globe, this led to a particular habit of John's that Chrissy Teigen can't stand. "Scheduling," she shared on Twitter. "He will tell me something he knows I didn’t hear and get mad when I am confused later. 'Hey I’ll take Luna to school today also I’m going to Washington DC next week.'"
11. If you were married to the former US president, what would you get annoyed about? Turns out, for Michelle Obama, there is one thing. On the Today show, she shared that one of the keys to a successful marriage is "separate bathrooms." She said, "When he enters my bathroom, sometimes I'm like, 'Why are you in here?'" To which Barack apparently had a cheeky answer. According to the former first lady, he retorted, "I live here too."
12. During an appearance on Red Table Talk, when Ayesha Curry was asked if Stephen Curry ever loses his temper, she shared that Steph's calm ways can at times get on her "nerves," but that's also why she loves him. "He is the nicest, most humble, calm human being I’ve ever encountered; it’s part of why I love him so much," Ayesha said. "He needs to be that for me because I have a temper," she admitted.
In their couples interview with GQ, Ayesha also shared that Steph’s habits of biting his nails, leaving cabinet and closet doors open, and falling asleep in his hoodies are also pet peeves of hers. (For Steph, it’s when Ayesha leaves the closet messy, he told BuzzFeed.)
Honestly, relatable. It's comforting to know that these longtime couples have their pet peeves about each other but choose acceptance and love in the end. Any pet peeves you related to? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Author Patricia McCormick's novel "Sold" is one of the most banned books in America, and while it's the last distinction she wants her work to be known for, she says, banning books leaves young people "defenseless" in understanding the complexities of the world.
More women are being open about their breast reduction surgeries on TikTok and it's starting conversations in the comments for curious users. The post Women on TikTok are sharing their breast reduction stories and how it’s changed their lives appeared first on In The Know.
The towns of Pomfret and Woodstock, Vt. voted to shut down access to Sleepy Hollow Farm — the "most photographed spot" in the entire state — after years of influencers and photographers clogging up the roads.