The 77th annual Golden Globes are almost here, and we can’t wait to see what Hollywood’s most fashionable couples have in store for us.
To hold us over until the awards show, which airs Sunday, January 5 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on NBC, we’re revisiting ten iconic couples and the superb formalwear game that made them stand out as the best-dressed duos in Golden Globes history.
From Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston to Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, you won’t want to miss these partners in sartorial greatness.
1. Elizabeth Taylor and Mike Todd (1957)
Elizabeth Taylor and her third husband, Mike Todd, really took the phrase “Hollywood royalty” to heart.
2. Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston (1974)
Simply too much chic for one photo.
3. Kate Moss and Johnny Depp (1997)
Moss somehow made a sequined turtleneck dress work. Think about that for a second.
4. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell (2003)
A couple that slays (the red carpet) together stays together.
5. Beyoncé and Jay-Z (2009)
Jay-Z and Beyoncé. Need we say more?
6. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban (2013)
We’re seeing stars, and no, not just the ones on Kidman’s stunning Alexander McQueen dress.
7. Amal and George Clooney (2015)
Those Clooney twins stand to inherit closets of epic proportions.
8. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend (2016)
Their red carpet game is—wait for it—legendary.
9. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds (2017)
10. Sterling K. Brown and Ryan Michelle Bathe (2018)
Proof that two pantsuits are better than one.
11. RACHEL BROSNAHAN & JASON RALPH (2019)
The couple, who’s been secretly married for years, looked simply marvelous.
12. EMMY ROSSUM & SAM ESMAIL (2019)
Rossum’s pink Monique Lhuillier number is so not Fiona in Shameless, but we love it. Esmail didn’t look too shabby either.
We can’t wait to see what fashion greatness awaits us when the Golden Globes air on Sunday, January 5.